Awesome. One of EJ's Biggest Influences. You can hints of his playing here and there. There is a link somewhere in my favorites with EJ and Chet Jamming together.

I love this guy. My dad had all his music even the Chester Lester stuff. He would always want to compare them to where I was on my journey of course I would always fall short, but that's ok it was a great guide post to try to strive for. For some reason the one album that I would always listen to is the one where he picks on the Beatles. Great album, beautiful playing. From Chet I found out about Steve Wariner, then Brent Mason, and all the other country chicken picken greats. My Grand father got me into all the bluegrass greats as well. They always had that music playing in the background, when I would stay there during the summers in Camp Verde, in Az.

Truly amazing guitar player. Will never get his just due here-but then again he doesn't have to.

He gets his due from me, I promise you that. A true giant. 8)

But for the shred heads, check out the lick at 4:14 in the first vid.

Chet was and always will be one of the best guitarists ever! He inspired a lot of others to pick up the instrument.

The touch of the master's hands. Some here may not like his style, but my thought is try learning one of his songs note for note. Then and only then can you really appreciate his unrivaled genius.

Back
Top Bottom