Two instruments into AX8

Shunt

I am also playing synthesizers through my AX8. I used to mix two synths with an Boss LS-2 that sent a sum into the AX8's IN 1.
But I thought: Hey, you're not using the FX Loop in this setup anyway, why not cut out the LS-2 and eliminate unessecary humming?
But I can't get this to work for me.

I want to hear a mix of both synths on both channels (Out 1 L+R).
But when I plug the second synth into one of the IN 2 channels, start a new signal chain with the FX Loop block and send it to the main Out, I get the signal only on Out 1 L or Out 1 R. Makes sense. But how do I fix this? When I got to Setup -> I/O and change the IN 2 mode, no setting gives me a signal on Out 1 L and R with IN 2 L nor with IN 2 R.
I find it very hard to believe that the FX Loop only works with stereo input, so I assume that I am missing something. Any idea?
I am not using an AMP or CAB blocks since I want the uncoloured sound of the synths.
/edit: I already use VOL and PAN blocks for others effects.

Already tried this, because the expression "Left only" implies the desired result. But I only get the signal on Out 1 L then. Do you run it through an AMP block that might do the "mirroring job"?

/Edit: L+R SUM also only gives me a signal on Out 1 L.

/Edit02: When I set IN 2 to "stereo" I get no sound at all if the instrument is plugged into IN 2 L. Only when I plug it into IN 2 R I get a signal, but also only on the Out 1 L channel. Might this hint to a nother panning issue?

Last edited:
/Edit02: When I set IN 2 to "stereo" I get no sound at all if the instrument is plugged into IN 2 L. Only when I plug it into IN 2 R I get a signal, but also only on the Out 1 L channel. Might this hint to a nother panning issue?

It does :D
Balance of the FX Loop block was fully to the left; d'oh!

Back
Top Bottom