Two FW3 related questions

First off: I really dig FW3. Great new possibilities and sounds (delay!). Thanks FAS!

I've installed FW3 this morning and been playing around with it for a few hours.
Three questions of which I hope to find the answers here.

1st: in the release notes I read about the Instant-Access footswitch block. How do I activate this? Turning the knob gives me scene1, 2, 3, etc, midi 1, 2, relay 1, 2 etc etc. But no IA.

2nd: is it possible to switch to stomp box mode, even when you've assigned the footswitches to several scenes? I find the combination of scenes and stomp boxes really great.
F.e. I have 8 effects in one preset. Now I also want to switch between scenes 1-4 with the FS 1-4 (without having to hit the scene button like I used to do). When I assign the FS 1-4 to control the scenes, I have S1, S2, S3 and S4 in the display. So far I get it.
But what if I want to make changes (on the fly, without using Exe-edit) to an effect which is under number 1, 2, 3 or 4?
In the stomp box mode I could simply scroll to the block and hit "edit". But because of the scenes on 1-4, I don't "see" this effect blocks.
Am I doing something wrong or am I misunderstanding the possibilities of using scenes and effects in combination?

I hope this makes any sense.....;-).
Thanks!

Last edited:
First off: I really dig FW3. Great new possibilities and sounds (delay!). Thanks FAS!

You are welcome!

1st: in the release notes I read about the Instant-Access footswitch block. How do I activate this? Turning the knob gives me scene1, 2, 3, etc, midi 1, 2, relay 1, 2 etc etc. But no IA.

You have to first put any effect you want on a footswitch in the signal chain. Please see the section in the release notes on placing an effect on the "CFG" page.

2nd: is it possible to switch to stomp box mode, even when you've assigned the footswitches to several scenes? I find the combination of scenes and stomp boxes really great.
F.e. I have 8 effects in one preset. Now I also want to switch between scenes 1-4 with the FS 1-4 (without having to hit the scene button like I used to do). When I assign the FS 1-4 to control the scenes, I have S1, S2, S3 and S4 in the display. So far I get it.
But what if I want to make changes (on the fly, without using Exe-edit) to an effect which is under number 1, 2, 3 or 4?
You have 8 footswitches, you can now do with them pretty much as you wish. You can edit all effects in your preset from the "CFG" page by selecting the effect with NAV, and pressing <EDIT>. Additionally, if you have assigned it to a footswitch, you can select the footswitch (as you could previously) and press <EDIT>.

Back
Top Bottom