Two FM3s and a Yorkie

Ugly Bunny

Power User
unnamed.jpg
Finally, after browbeating my bassist, @Thirtyandseven for three and a half years, as well as slowly poisoning him with strychnine until he was weak enough to stop resisting, we finally have two Fractal units in the band! This thing kills for both bass and guitar. We play in a 90's cover band and I couldn't be happier with our tones. With FW 5.0 and the improved Virtual Capo (did you really think I, of all people, wouldn't mention it?!?), which we both use, we have everything we need to rock the masses. Strangely, some of our biggest fans are the cadets of West Point, who keep inviting us back to rock out with them :)

Now... To get my other guitarist on board... I let him borrow my Axe Fx III for a couple weeks but he wasn't feelin' it.

That's it. Just stoked about the unit and the latest firmware and the awesome tones. Thank you, @FractalAudio and the whole FAS team!

View attachment 96056
Finally, after browbeating my bassist, @Thirtyandseven for three and a half years, as well as slowly poisoning him with strychnine until he was weak enough to stop resisting, we finally have two Fractal units in the band! This thing kills for both bass and guitar. We play in a 90's cover band and I couldn't be happier with our tones. With FW 5.0 and the improved Virtual Capo (did you really think I, of all people, wouldn't mention it?!?), which we both use, we have everything we need to rock the masses. Strangely, some of our biggest fans are the cadets of West Point, who keep inviting us back to rock out with them :)

Now... To get my other guitarist on board... I let him borrow my Axe Fx III for a couple weeks but he wasn't feelin' it.

That's it. Just stoked about the unit and the latest firmware and the awesome tones. Thank you, @FractalAudio and the whole FAS team!
Eh, I think he was feeling it just doesn’t want to spend anymore money 🤣

Unfortunately for the forum, you will now all hear me complain that their aren’t enough bass amps lmao.

The models are great though. I prefer the SVT in FM3 to the helix. I used the GK800Rb in the helix which isn’t in the FM3 unfortunately.

The gain structure is much more pleasing on the SVT in comparison to the helix model. I’ve got some really great cranked SVT tones now (think QOTSA “No one knows”)

The guitar amp models are just mind blowing and the factory presets are incredible and great starting points.

I’ve wanted a fractal product since around 2010 (I think the axe ultra?) when I heard bands like Periphery and Born of Osiris were using them lol. Happy to finally make the plunge!

What are the FM3s hooked into though?

Your manager looks tough but is probably all bark and no bite.
We run through a Berhinger XR18 and through headphones. Our drummer has a Roland e-drum kit. It’s the best set up for rehearsal I’ve ever had personally.

Live we run through some powered EVs and IEMs. @Ugly Bunny uses a wedge powered EV. Our other guitar player has a pod go so we’re completely amp-less on stage. We really only use the acoustic drum kit outdoors or large venues too.

View attachment 96056

You actually own a guitarist and a bass player?
🙄

I googled "narcissist" instead.
🤘😜
Ah, a bit of self-reflection is always beneficial. I commend you on your journey of self-discovery :grinning: (While you're Googling stuff, I'd also recommend Googling "fallacy of ad hominem and how it makes you look in any discussion when used as a needless attack against someone you don't even know personally and for some reason have a grudge against even though he's just some random stranger online trying to discuss gear who blocked you once and just did again because you can't be civil, apparently, in any discussion with him.") ;)

Last edited:
Ah, a bit of self-reflection is always beneficial. I commend you on your journey of self-discovery :grinning: (While you're Googling stuff, I'd also recommend Googling "fallacy of ad hominem and how it makes you look in any discussion when used as a needless attack against someone you don't even know personally and for some reason have a grudge against even though he's just some random stranger online trying to discuss gear who blocked you once and just did again because you can't be civil, apparently, in any discussion with him.") ;)
Not the classic, "You-don't-know-me-personally" response!!

Not the classic, "You-don't-know-me-personally" response!!
Well, he has a bit of a history of posting outright abusive stuff at me (literally reportable content that was removed by mods). I don't know why; I've never personally attacked him in any way, nor have I ever been rude, abusive, or condescending to another person on this forum, yet for some reason he's chosen me as the object of his ire. I had him on ignore, but gave him another chance; that was my mistake. If he knew me, I'm sure he'd like me, but for some reason, our friendship just isn't happening online. Oh well. Can't win everyone over, eh?

Well, he has a bit of a history of posting outright abusive stuff at me (literally reportable content that was removed by mods). I don't know why; I've never personally attacked him in any way, nor have I ever been rude, abusive, or condescending to another person on this forum, yet for some reason he's chosen me as the object of his ire. I had him on ignore, but gave him another chance; that was my mistake. If he knew me, I'm sure he'd like me, but for some reason, our friendship just isn't happening online. Oh well. Can't win everyone over, eh?
Dude I'm just razzing you...lol
Chill out...I totally wish I owned a bass player cuz I can't lay down a catchy bass line to save my life....I just shadow the guitar

Idk. Ahh, sometimes it's hard to get across in just the right manner, using only text and some formatting, your real intent.
Chill out...I totally wish I owned a bass player cuz I can't lay down a catchy bass line to save my life....I just shadow the guitar
That's all I'm seeing...

Chill out...I totally wish I owned a bass player cuz I can't lay down a catchy bass line to save my life....I just shadow the guitarHere ya go. This cool cat needs an home. :)

Here ya go. This cool cat is looking for a band home. :)

420781_10150581305505665_53089680664_9538152_194268089_n-jpg.1909974

Idk. Ahh, sometimes it's hard to get across in just the right manner, using only text and some formatting, your real intent.
Yeah, totally. I'm sure I'll unblock him at some point. Most people here have wonderful contributions to discussions, and I'm sure he does that, too. I just only see his posts when he's antagonizing me, so my perspective is skewed. No one gets blocked forever in my life... except my mom... but that's another story for another day :D
That's all I'm seeing...
Yeah, the worst has already been removed by mods (not in this thread). But anyway, I digress; I won't keep talking about it and boring you with my philosophy on the matter. This was supposed to be a fun and cheerful post :)

Back
Top Bottom