Two FCs and one AXE FXIII for two guitarists

Pinthar

Hello pros.

I am looking two set up two foot controllers and daisy chain them into my AXE FX III. The set-up will be simple. One controller on the right and the other on the left of the stage. Ideally, I want both guitarists to be able to select pedals individually. I saw that in a video. I ran two input/output chains for each preset (each built with and overdrive, amp, cab, delay and reverb). The problem that I am having is I cannot seem to be able to program the per-preset function for each switch on both boards. For instance, on the left board, I would want switch #1 to toggle on or off the over drive pedal #1, and on the right board, I would want the switch #1 to toggle over drive #2. When I change the per-presets to accomplish this funtion, nothing is changing on the board...Even when I change to function #6, per preset. uhg! Is there a video or something somewhere to help me with this?

Also, would it be possible for each guitarist to be able to select a separate scene within the main preset? It would be cool to have guitarist #1 on scene #1 and guitarist #2 on scene #2 at the same time...or would I need two independent FX III's for this?

For instance, on the left board, I would want switch #1 to toggle on or off the over drive pedal #1, and on the right board, I would want the switch #1 to toggle over drive #2.

Are you using two separate layouts on each FC? You'd want Guitar 1 to use their own layout and Guitar 2 to use their own layout.

Also, would it be possible for each guitarist to be able to select a separate scene within the main preset? It would be cool to have guitarist #1 on scene #1 and guitarist #2 on scene #2 at the same time...or would I need two independent FX III's for this?

That's not going to be possible with a single AFIII.

Sounds like you are using the Per Preset layout?

Try using per-preset overrides instead and place them on different layouts (one for each FC as @iaresee mentioned).

Are you using two separate layouts on each FC? You'd want Guitar 1 to use their own layout and Guitar 2 to use their own layout.

Yes, each board will have their own layouts. We have an FC12 for the left guitarist, and an FC6 for the right guy. I think I might have the solution. Found here:

That's not going to be possible with a single AFIII.

OK, I didn't think so.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Pinthar - try typing your replies "outside" of the quotes...

Edit:

Thanks to the moderator who fixed the replies ;)

Last edited:
Keep in mind that all connected FC units share the same 9 layouts. You don't get 18 by connecting a second FC. Each can display any one of those 9 layouts as needed or you can use layout links to control what is displayed on both at the same time.

Keep in mind that all connected FC units share the same 9 layouts. You don't get 18 by connecting a second FC. Each can display any one of those 9 layouts as needed or you can use layout links to control what is displayed on both at the same time.
What would be great is if I could use one layout for both boards and then assign each footswitch to an effect or amp. Currently to the boards are acting as a mirror, even though I don't have mirroring enabled. I'm missing something here. I can program the per presets on the 12, but when I switch to the 6, it's the same.

I was able to program the per presets for the controllers boards, however, when I switched to the FC6, it showed the same preset functions. How do I make each board independent of each other. They are not currently mirrored.

I was able to program the per presets for the controllers boards, however, when I switched to the FC6, it showed the same preset functions. How do I make each board independent of each other. They are not currently mirrored.
I haven't worked with multiple controllers myself, so I could be way off base, but as mentioned earlier, there are only 9 total layouts available, regardless if how many controllers you have. A given layout will always show the same switches, on every controller that's using it. Make sure you have each controller set to use different layouts.

What would be great is if I could use one layout for both boards and then assign each footswitch to an effect or amp. Currently to the boards are acting as a mirror, even though I don't have mirroring enabled. I'm missing something here. I can program the per presets on the 12, but when I switch to the 6, it's the same.
You need to select a different layout on one of them.

Back
Top Bottom