Fixed Two Amp Blocks. Muting 1 Mutes Both

shawnb

Inspired
Not sure I'm really framing the question correctly.

I'm trying to create a preset where I have a heavy, lead, and clean tone. The Clean tone is a direct rip from Leon's Methamphetaclean III (scene 2)... amp, cap, and all. The other scenes have a different amp, cab, etc. block.

I'm may not be understanding Axe Edit III here (1.01.08).

It seems when I set Amp 1 to bypass (behavior as mute) it seems to mute amp block 2 also. So I can never get the sound from it.

Here's a screen shot and the preset (firmware 6.02 I believe)

The behavior I want is this: Scene 1-3, use the path from Amp Block 1 (top row) and Scene 4 use the path from Amp Block 2 (bottom Row). I'm having trouble getting that to work. Is this doable?

Attachments

• AX3 Brutes Screenshot.png
    AX3 Brutes Screenshot.png
    170.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Brutes.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
your second reverb block is set to 100% mix and mute fx in. so if it's bypassed, there's no sound.

Good catch. I fixed that but I'm still having the effect of the Amp 2 not functioning.

Attachments

• Brutes.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 4
Good catch. I fixed that but I'm still having the effect of the Amp 2 not functioning.
it's probably because your reverb mix is 100%, yet in series. why is it set so high? try 50% instead. you have zero dry signal, only reverb.

your 2nd cab block Level is also -6. why?

@chris nailed it. Your Reverb block was choking off your sound when Amp2 was active. You've fixed that, and Amp2 is no longer silent. That side is just dialed in really quiet compared to the Amp1 side.

Hi everyone. Thank you for the help. This was a direct copy/paste from the Methamphataclean III. It worked there. Even if I create a new preset and copy just those 4 blocks (amp, cab, chorus, reverb) it doesn't work.

So I create a new preset and added the blocks and just matched the settings I wanted without copy and paste and it works fine. As a test, tho... I copy/pasted the meth amp block into my preset and the Amp2 block forever goes silent whatever amp I choose after that. So... no copy/paste for me.

After that, I created a new Preset and manually configured it (again) and it works fine. Even with the same settings vis-a-vis.

Thanks everyone!

I don’t know what to say. The fixed preset that you posted in post #3 above didn’t have the problem.

@Rex That's interesting because it does on my unit. I wonder if FW version matters? I'm on 6.02.
Firmware version shouldn’t matter. Bypass behavior has been stable since the very first firmware.

One thing we haven’t talked about is exactly how you’re bypassing blocks. Scenes? FC? MIDI? Or...?

That's good question. In this case, I'm ONLY using Axe Edit III to dial in the scene. Nothing else. By bypass, I'm just choosing the bypass button on the particular scene.

That's good question. In this case, I'm ONLY using Axe Edit III to dial in the scene. Nothing else. By bypass, I'm just choosing the bypass button on the particular scene.
Help me understand. Scenes don’t have Bypass buttons.

What I mean, is that on certain scenes some blockshave bypass enabled. I'm create a video showing this so you can see what I'm trying to say.

Try this one.... 6.03.. Might not load on your unit?
  1. Set the bypass modes of all Delays and Reverbs to 'Mute Fx In' to preserve the tails.
  2. Set Reverb 2 mix to 25% and raised the Level to '0'
  3. Set Cab 2 Level to '0'
  4. Raised the Amp Level parameter (-4.6 dB). Adjust to your taste and pickup output level.
  5. Moved all blocks used for the clean tone/scene into only the clean signal chain and re-routed that signal chain around the Drive and Gate blocks. Set all but the Amp blocks to 'on'. Only the Amp blocks switch 'on' and 'off' for smoother scene switching.
  6. Set the Gate and Drive blocks to 'on' in scene 4 for smoother scene switching.
  7. Set both Reverbs to 'Normal' quality.
  8. Added a 'Lead Boost' (Filter block 1) with some Low and High cuts and a small Mid boost. 'ON' in Scenes 2 and 3.
  9. The Reverb 2 'Hold Switch' attachment to Control Switch 1 has the 'Min' and 'Max' both set to 'OFF'?? I set the 'Max' to 'ON'. Just remove If you're not using it.
brutes.png

Attachments

• Brutes (MCP).syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom