Two 24" HD or One 28" ultra HD for DAW

rickgk

Experienced
What are your thoughts guys, one 28" 4k uhd monitor or two 24" std hd for DAW, I can't decide.

I would prefer the more screen space of the 2 24's over the 4K resolution of the 28 if you are primarily using it for DAW work. Now if you were doing photo or video work I would probably lean the other way.

I'm a big fan of the dual-monitor setup. I love being able to drag plugin windows / controls / inspectors off to a dedicated monitor, and keep the other one for the main mix view.

One thing to watch with large monitors is the pixels per inch - if you have really high resolution and the apps you use don't scale clearly, you'll have a choice between tiny text that's hard to read, or blurry images.

I would avoid a 4k display for most things. They really haven't hit their stride and support yet for for alot of things.
Go with a good pair of IPS or monitors with good off axis viewing ability (pretty close to 180 degrees x 180 degrees as you can get).

What GM Arts said. My 28" is 2560x1440, and I matched the dot pitch on the secondary monitors pretty closely to the big primary. Although I haven't used one, I strongly suspect that a 28" 4k monitor is too small. If were looking for a 4k monitor I'd start at 30+" ...maybe a TV.

Back
Top Bottom