Tweed deluxe model

edo

Power User
Vendor
I remember reading somewhere (axe wiki maybe) that the tweed is modeled after the bright input, yet it defaults with the bright switch off. Is that correct? Shouldn't the bright input have the bright switch on?
How would virtually I switch to the normal input?

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think I recall Cliff stating that turning the Input Trim down to 0.5 simulates a "normal' channel.

I think that would simulate the low bright input as opposed to the high normal input..

Right. Hi and Lo input for each channel.

Not sure why the model would default to the bright switch off. I'll have to give it a shot.

So the tweed model with tone at max equals the real amp's bright input with tone at max?

I believe the bright switch off simulates the normal input, and on simulates the bright input. Treble was tone control. Regardless i just use my ears, its such a simple amp for controls, all the tones of the real one are in the model.

So the tweed model with tone at max equals the real amp's bright input with tone at max?
Principally yes; However, on the real amp, the normal volume control has an influence on the sound of the bright channel.
If and how this is modeled, only FAS would know.

IIRC for amps with just a Tone knob, the Treble parameter in the Fractal is the equivalent.

To be authentic, just adjust Treble in the Fractal and leave the rest of the tone stack default.

I like Treble cranked up around 8 to 9

That's what I thought. I have no personal experience with a tweed deluxe, but i checked a few clips of the amp and to me the real amp with tone at noon sounds a bit brighter than the model with the treble maxed out, that's why I was asking. Maybe it has to do with the normal volume knob influence like @pitta pointed out.

Remember, if we're talking about the 4 input version, there are two channels: normal and bright; and two inputs: hi and lo.

That's what I thought. I have no personal experience with a tweed deluxe, but i checked a few clips of the amp and to me the real amp with tone at noon sounds a bit brighter than the model with the treble maxed out, that's why I was asking. Maybe it has to do with the normal volume knob influence like @pitta pointed out.

What guitar are you using?

I'm not a an off jumpering inputs, but that is a different story.
I wished that the 5e3 on the Axe had two volume controls like the jumpered JMPs.
AND that the two volumes and the tone (treble) interacted.
That's what's so cool about that Deluxe even when not jumpered the unused inputs volume affects the tone.
That's one thing UAD really fit right... So much so I use their input impedance on my guitar via the unison preamp in the Apollo and then digitally reamp

I wished that the 5e3 on the Axe had two volume controls like the jumpered JMPs.
That's what's so cool about that Deluxe even when not jumpered the unused inputs volume affects the tone.
That's one thing UAD really fit right... So much so I use their input impedance on my guitar via the unison preamp in the Apollo and then digitally reamp

I'm new to my Apollo, do I need to use a UA guitar sim plugin when tracking to reamp later like that or will the high impedance input of the Apollo preamp work without the Tweed plug?

that sure would be nice to have as it's an almost integral part of that Tweed Deluxe tone. we got jumpered Marshalls not too long ago so maybe this is already on Cliff's to do list...

I'm new to my Apollo, do I need to use a UA guitar sim plugin when tracking to reamp later like that or will the high impedance input of the Apollo preamp work without the Tweed plug?
Put it in the unison slot and turn the Amos power switch off...same thing as TS9 when you use it in unison

Back
Top Bottom