Turn Down or Bypass Effects?

APE

Inspired
How can I bypass or turn down the effects. I know there's a block chain of effects, but I'm not ready for that yet. I just want to quickly bypass or turn down overall effects levels.

Thanks.

There are several ways depending on what you want to achieve.

To stop an effect completely: In the block set Bypass Mode to Thru or Mute depending whether it is in series or parallel with other blocks. If you want to stop the block permanently, but not delete it,then select that block and press Effect Bypass on the front panel. If you want to switch it off and on whilst playing then attach it to an IA.

Each block also has an output volume, which you can set, or attach to an pedal. Most have Effects Mix, which you can also set to attach to a pedal.

I'm presuming you know about attaching midi switches and pedals. If not that's another question which I won't try to answer here.

Last edited:
There is a section in the manual called "Bypassing a Block." It should tell you what you need to know. Perhaps read that entire basics section while you are there?

In the block set Bypass Mode to Thru or Mute depending whether it is in series or parallel with other blocks, and attach it to an IA. You'll find the first bit by looking at the block settings, usually on the last page if you are editing through the front screen. The second bit is easier to explain if we know which midi foot pedal you are using.

Sorry, this does not address the question at all.

Maybe there is a way, but I don't know.

What I am more curious about is how you manage to use the axe-fx without navigating blocks? Tell me your secret

Nor did you! I do not want to navigate block chains. Is it not possible to adjust levels without navigating a block chain?
Before this flames any further let's understand what you're trying to do. I probably wasn't very helpful in my first reply because it was 5:00 in the morning here after a poor night. Then Chris arrived whilst I was editing the post, so I gave up and went back to bed. Let's start again.

Let's take Chorus as an example. If you look at a Chorus block from the front panel, and go to the third page, the first two dials are Mix and Level. If your Chorus block is in a serial chain, which is the simple approach, then turning down Mix will reduce the amount of Chorus in the signal. Conversely, if you've got Chorus in a parallel chain, then turning down Level has the equivalent impact.

Is that what you are trying to do?

He wants a "global" option to turn "all" fx down at once, so answer is no - but in global you can turn FX to -50%, but that may not get them all

How can I bypass or turn down the effects. I know there's a block chain of effects, but I'm not ready for that yet. I just want to quickly bypass or turn down overall effects levels.

Thanks.
I don't get the question either. what do you mean block chain of fx. Every fx blk can be bypassed individually and you can choose how it bypasses mute, thru ect. Now as far as how to bypass and engage that depends on a few things. Are you doing it from the front panel? Are you doing it in Axe Edit? Are you doing it via MFC101? Are you using it from another midi pedal?

Chris was not wrong

You might be able to accomplish this with a global mixer block and clever preset programming.

Arrange your presets so that one (or more) global mixer blocks control your efx levels.

Then change the global mixer. You could setup IAs to control the global mixer block to automate it.

I think APE may be confused about how to adjust levels within in the axefx. As far as I know there is not a global parameter to just turn all the effects lower or to bypass the effects. You can bypass the whole effects chain with the bypass button but that will take out the amp/cab block too.

Navigating the effects block chain is what you need to be doing. So you're better off getting used to that ASAP. Maybe I'm just misunderstanding your question or what your goal is here but it doesn't sound like I'm the only one.

It does sound like you're comparing the axefx to a traditional amp pedal setup and are getting confused come how.

FYI, this forum is extremely helpful and snapping at members will get you no answers. Especially when it's at people like Chris who among the most helpful on here and who has obviously given up on you already from the look of his last post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi APE,

Here's the answer:

You must bypass effects individually.

1. Press LAYOUT to show the "grid" EDIT page.
2. NAV to the block you want to bypass.
3. Press the FX BYP button to toggle its bypass state.

You must edit effect levels, also known as MIX individually per effect.

1. Press LAYOUT to show the "grid" EDIT page.
2. NAV to the block you want to bypass.
3. Press EDIT
4. Press PAGE to get to the MIX page (aka Mix "tab")
5. NAV to the MIX parameter.
6. Turn the VALUE wheel to taste.
7. Save by pressing STORE, ENTER, ENTER.

Back
Top Bottom