Turbo preset building vs Mark 2 preset building

Sounds like the Mark 2 is just fine for presets with one wah, two amp blocks, two cab blocks, two multi-tap delays, one pitch block, two compressors, one reverb, one parametric eq, one filter, one delay, and one enhancer.

That would be considered a moderate preset, and not too complicated for the Mark 2, correct?
I run this preset on my Mark II, with CPU at 75%.

Schermafbeelding 2022-06-10 om 11.27.21.png

The things I do to save CPU:
  • Cab: two IRs, at 1024 samples instead of Ultra-Res
  • Cab: no Room or preamp sim
  • Reverb: Economy
  • 2nd Delay: no Compander
  • Drive: FET Boost
  • Drive 2: Shimmer Drive
  • Pitch 1 and 2: single voice
  • Global EQs: off

Or for users that buy new, now.
For the few extra you have the flagship of the flagships.
Which isn't really a great deal if you never use that flagship power. I don't expect Fractal will make any features during this gen's lifetime that would truly make the Turbo necessary. Of course if you are of the mentality that you want to own the best of the best, go for the Turbo.

I'd rather put that $200 towards buying e.g the FC6/12 as that's going to be more useful in most cases than the extra DSP of the Turbo.

Which isn't really a great deal if you never use that flagship power. I don't expect Fractal will make any features during this gen's lifetime that would truly make the Turbo necessary. Of course if you are of the mentality that you want to own the best of the best, go for the Turbo.

I'd rather put that $200 towards buying e.g the FC6/12 as that's going to be more useful in most cases than the extra DSP of the Turbo.
luckily we got choices. 😉

When I was buying the Axe and the FC12, and I was set to invest around 3k €, to add few extra has been an easy decision. I was only worried about availability of the Turbo in EU, but in a week it was delivered.

I will need such extra power? Probably not…but who knows…

There's no need to fill out the grid horizontally. Decreasing the number of shunts will save you some CPU.

Why the 3 Delay blocks at the end?

I fill the grid because this pattern is shared across over 100 presets, each one with different variations that are consistently positioned across the presets. Maybe it's my OCD but to do otherwise would make me feel off-balanced. I did test removing all the excessive shunts (every single one) and it saved 2% CPU so in a pinch that's a very useful technique to get some extra power.

Why 3 delay blocks? Because I don't have any more left to use. Seriously though, the last delay acts as a stereo widener (I know there's a block for this but it doesn't work the way I'd like it to work). The other two delays are for solos and ambiance depending on the song so I do make use of all 8 channels. I could probably merge those two delays together if I had time to plan how to do that and to implement it but that's a lot of work for now.

I really appreciate your feedback Yek. I did end up ordering the Turbo and am now living comfortably under 70% :)

Reactions: yek
I run this preset on my Mark II, with CPU at 75%.

View attachment 103309

The things I do to save CPU:
  • Cab: two IRs, at 1024 samples instead of Ultra-Res
  • Cab: no Room or preamp sim
  • Reverb: Economy
  • 2nd Delay: no Compander
  • Drive: FET Boost
  • Drive 2: Shimmer Drive
  • Pitch 1 and 2: single voice
  • Global EQs: off

Could you elaborate on how you're leveraging the M-Plex? Also, is your Out 2 going to a physical cabinet?

One more thing, and I feel stupid now about this, but you're using the same global number for different blocks. I thought it was one block per global number. It seems I'm completely wrong about that and knowing this would've simplified my life. Does this mean Delay 1 and Delay 2 share the same exact settings in the global block or does the global block differentiate them because it's Delay 1 and Delay 2?

Last edited:
The MUX has channels, which determine which signal is passed: row 1, row 2 or row 3. I use a button on my controller to switch between the MUX channels.
Ch.A is row 1, with the Wah set to auto-engage.
Ch.B is row 2, with the Pitch block / exp.pedal set to Virtual Capo for feedback simulation (like a FreqOut).
Ch.C is row 3, with the Pitch block / exp.pedal acting as a Whammy.

Out 2 indeed feeds my Matrix and guitar cab.

Every block instance (Drive 1, Drive 2 etc.) has its own set of global blocks. So, Drive 1 has its own global block 1, as does Drive 2 etc.

The MUX has channels, which determine which signal is passed: row 1, row 2 or row 3. I use a button on my controller to switch between the MUX channels.
Ch.A is row 1, with the Wah set to auto-engage.
Ch.B is row 2, with the Pitch block / exp.pedal set to Virtual Capo for feedback simulation (like a FreqOut).
Ch.C is row 3, with the Pitch block / exp.pedal acting as a Whammy.

Out 2 indeed feeds my Matrix and guitar cab.

Every block instance (Drive 1, Drive 2 etc.) has its own set of global blocks. So, Drive 1 has its own global block 1, as does Drive 2 etc.

What's the benefit of the Multiplexer block vs just using one wah, and one pitch block (with different channels) in series with scenes?

What's the benefit of the Multiplexer block vs just using one wah, and one pitch block (with different channels) in series with scenes?

It lets me use a single expression pedal for 3 tasks without having to switch scenes.

Back
Top Bottom