Tuner

Rolf1

I typically use my Peterson Stomp Strobe Tuner (440Hz) and noticed that the tuner on the Axe FX 3 is flat in comparison. So, which one is correct? Is there an auto-calibration in/on the Axe that I'm not aware of?

Thanks

It has offsets but those should default to 0 and offsets should be off by default as well.

Do you by chance have your Axe Fx connected digitally to something and not have the clock rate at 48khz?

It has offsets but those should default to 0 and offsets should be off by default as well.

Do you by chance have your Axe Fx connected digitally to something and not have the clock rate at 48khz?
No, I don't have it connected digitally to anything but I'm not sure about the clock rate. Is that displayed during start-up?
Still learning about this unit.

Thanks

No, I don't have it connected digitally to anything but I'm not sure about the clock rate. Is that displayed during start-up?
Still learning about this unit.

Thanks
It will be 48khz unless it's connected to something that can change the clock.

You could get a snark for 5 dollars, but I'd just go with the Axe FX tuner unless you suddenly aren't in tune with the band.

You could get a snark for 5 dollars, but I'd just go with the Axe FX tuner unless you suddenly aren't in tune with the band.
I'm in tune insofar as the guitar being in tune with itself with either the FX or the Peterson. It's like one is tuned to a slightly different pitch. I'll check to make sure the factor default is set on the Peterson. But I'm sure it is.

Ok, thanks anyway folks.

Just to add a note of appreciation for fractal: The tuner is absolutely top notch. I have been consistently more in tune since using fractal stuff. It seems impossible, but I guess fractal just made a better tuner...
Interesting. Do you focus on the bar tuner or the strobe tuner?

Interesting. Do you focus on the bar tuner or the strobe tuner?
A little of both. I use the bar tuner for 95% of it, and then fine tune with the strobe tuner if something still sounds slightly off (maybe old strings causing a slight difference between the two tuners).

Either way though, the fractal tuners are EXTREMELY accurate and track very very well.

Remember, if you like one of the sweetened tunings, like one from Peterson, you can enter the offsets into the Axe Fx as well.
I looked at the Offset options on the Axe and didn't see anything that equates to, for example, the GTR Sweetener on the Peterson. So, I'm not clear on how to do that.

I looked at the Offset options on the Axe and didn't see anything that equates to, for example, the GTR Sweetener on the Peterson. So, I'm not clear on how to do that.
If you click on setup and go to the tuner page in Axe Edit, you can enter your offsets there, as well as turn them off and on. Here's mine:

tuner.png

After reading the descriptions of the Sweetener settings and trying them, I've found that for what I play (Jazz chordal melodies and a variety of extensions) the non-Sweetened out-of-the-box default setting works the best for me.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions/tips!

Back
Top Bottom