Tuner turns off. Stand in switch issue?

willhutch

I activate my tuner via a stand in switch. When active it mutes the signal for silent tuning. About 30% of the time when tuning the tuner will spontaneously deactivate and the FM3 will return to play mode. It seems like, but I am not certain, that input signal causes this. It seems to flip when I firmly strike a note. I've never muted the system, left it, and returned to find it unmuted.

It's pretty disruptive when the band is playing a soft passage and suddenly there is a loud BROIIING from the guitarist tuning up. Gotta get this fixed.

Any suggestions for troubleshooting?

Anything that can short the switch might cause it to unlatch. Obvious suspects would be the cable and, of course, the switch itself. If you have spares on either, it would be a place to start by eliminating the most frequent sources of issues.

Make sure your external switch is correctly configured as either momentary make or momentary break in the Pedal section of the I/O Menu.

I've noticed this behavior too. With the volume pedal heel-down and the tuner activates, the tuner will only stay on for a few minutes then turns itself off.

Back
Top Bottom