Tuner state in preset?

fsharpminor

Inspired
Cant see this in the manual, but it would be useful. Is there a way to have the tuner state 'on' and therefore the unit muted saved into a preset? I am playing a gig where I have to use two acoustics tuned differently. Only one of them has a volume control so it would be great to have the tuner automaticaly on and muting the fm9 so when I change preset (and change guitars) it is muted. Is this possible?

thanks in advance.

no the tuner exists outside of presets.

use multiple Input blocks (and therefore multiple physical inputs), and just turn off the block not being used at the time in each preset.

no the tuner exists outside of presets.

use multiple Input blocks (and therefore multiple physical inputs), and just turn off the block not being used at the time in each preset.
thank you sir, that sounds like a plan...i assume it would mean assigning the input block(s) to a footswitch to be able to turn them on and off? Is that correct?....also, do i need to change any settings on input 2 to make it guitar 'friendly'

thank you sir, that sounds like a plan...i assume it would mean assigning the input block(s) to a footswitch to be able to turn them on and off? Is that correct?....also, do i need to change any settings on input 2 to make it guitar 'friendly'
just change presets.

and actually just put Input 1 for the guitar using Input 1 in those presets, and just put Input 2 for the guitar using Input 2 in those presets.

change presets, one guitar is "turned on." if that workflow works, no need to put both input blocks like i suggested earlier.

just change presets.

and actually just put Input 1 for the guitar using Input 1 in those presets, and just put Input 2 for the guitar using Input 2 in those presets.

change presets, one guitar is "turned on." if that workflow works, no need to put both input blocks like i suggested earlier.
that makes sense except one of the guitars has no volume control so i need it to be mute when i pick it up and then unmute it as the songs start....the workflow would be mute guitar A (this can be done on the guitar with the volume), then i need to pick up guitar B, which is muted (it has no volume control) and then be able to unmute it to start the song. while im writing this i suppose i could wait until I have picked up guitar B before changing the preset (or actually the song section in this case).....

For each preset where you want this to happen, set up a scene that mutes the signal, and make that the default scene. Then, when you’re ready to play, choose any other scene.

Last edited:
You can set the tuner to automatically engage when a global volume pedal is all the way off. This would accomplish both goals, muting the output & turning on the tuner so you could tune up between songs or swap guitars or whatever. That's the way I have mine setup and it works perfectly. Very convienient.

Back
Top Bottom