tuner patch?

archangel

I'm trying to get my AXE setup for a live gig this w/e...is there a way to program a patch that doesnt do any sound output but just turns on the tuner function in the AXE so that I can access the tuner via my midi foot controller? Or, is the only way to access the tuner to physically push the "tuner" button on the AXE :?:

You can set up a CC# number to turn the tuner on/off just like any effect (IO-CTRL menu.) You can also set the tuner to mute or not in the tuner advanced parameters.

javajunkie said:
You can set up a CC# number to turn the tuner on/off just like any effect (IO-CTRL menu.)

CC #...that means I need to use an expression pedal then? I'm not planning to use an exp pedal...just a small midi footcontroller (RJM Mastermind).

javajunkie said:
You can also set the tuner to mute or not in the tuner advanced parameters.

cool...thanks for that.

archangel said:
javajunkie said:
You can set up a CC# number to turn the tuner on/off just like any effect (IO-CTRL menu.)

CC #...that means I need to use an expression pedal then? I'm not planning to use an exp pedal...just a small midi footcontroller (RJM Mastermind).

javajunkie said:
You can also set the tuner to mute or not in the tuner advanced parameters.

cool...thanks for that.

No, CC# are used for turn effects on/off as well as expression pedal stuff. The master mind supports this:
"Program Change and Continuous Controller message support (4 PC and 8 CC messages per preset, all on different MIDI channels)"
"A Function switch that can send Continuous Controller messages"

you just send the CC# w/ a value to turn effects on/off. So you could send CC# 53 and set the axe-fx's tuner to respond to this. The value determines is it is on/off (generally 0 for off, 127 for on). So your foot controller would send CC#53 w/ a value of 127 to turn on the tuner and send CC#53 w/ a value if 0 to turn it off.

Off topic but I'm still waiting on Cliff to get Jeff the tuner info for the liquid foot...or at least give a reason why he hasn't yet.

james... said:
Off topic but I'm still waiting on Cliff to get Jeff the tuner info for the liquid foot...or at least give a reason why he hasn't yet.

Because the axe-fx doesn't send tuner info yet. However, Fractal Audio is under no obligation to supply that information if/when it does.

Oh I know that. Cliff can do whatever the hell he wants to. It's his baby.

I was just wondering why? Has he not had the time yet?

james... said:

He probably isn't going to have it send tuner info until the foot controller is released.

javajunkie said:
james... said:

He probably isn't going to have it send tuner info until the foot controller is released.

Pretty simple marketing ploy:
He'll be the only midi controller to have tuner info. Then after a year, he can let LF 'in on the secret' & allow tuner access.

If he does it NOW before his pedal has been released, imagine everyone flocking to LF & will likely NEVER consider the MFC.

archangel said:
javajunkie said:
So you could send CC# 53 and set the axe-fx's tuner to respond to this.

Cool...and how do I set the AXE tuner to respond to a particular CC#

Once you program your foot controller to send a CC#:
with the foot controller hooked up, go to IO/CTRL on the Axe-fx
scroll to the value you want to control
hit enter (this puts it in learning mode)
click the IA on your footswitch that will control it.
It should learn the value

Alternatively, instead of using the learn function you can just dial in the number manually.

javajunkie said:

Alternatively, instead of using the learn function you can just dial in the number manually.

Thanks man, kick ass!!!

javajunkie said:
archangel said:
javajunkie said:
So you could send CC# 53 and set the axe-fx's tuner to respond to this.

Cool...and how do I set the AXE tuner to respond to a particular CC#

Added to WIKI.

LAYGO said:
javajunkie said:
james... said:

Pretty simple marketing ploy:
He'll be the only midi controller to have tuner info. Then after a year, he can let LF 'in on the secret' & allow tuner access.

If he does it NOW before his pedal has been released, imagine everyone flocking to LF & will likely NEVER consider the MFC.

HEHE, boy was I wrong about CC giving tuner access! ;)

Back
Top Bottom