Wish Tuner on Heel Down Delay

ruso

Fractal Fanatic
While the "Tuner on Heel Down" function works great if you are using your expression pedal strictly for volume, I would like to have an option to delay the activation of the feature for those who use their expression pedal as a wah with auto-engage. Implementation could be similar to that of the modifier page.

Thanks!

Last edited:
How would that work? If you have configured your pedal as a Wah w/auto-engage, you have to put your heel down for the Wah to disengage. This would always activate the Tuner (after the delay).

How would that work? If you have configured your pedal as a Wah w/auto-engage, you have to put your heel down for the Wah to disengage. This would always activate the Tuner (after the delay).
Toe down, my wah block is bypassed. I have it set so that it bypasses after a slight delay. This would work identically except that if left in the heel-down for a set amount of time, the tuner is enabled.

Reactions: yek
I would like to have a delay option on the "tuner on heel down", because when you want to do a violin effect with the volume pedal, you don't want a direct cut off/on of the sound but to continue to use a linear or log ramp of the pedal action.
a delay option to 500ms would be perfect for this need.

Might be able to shorten the sweep on your pedal a hair so you are not totally heel down.

Last edited:
I just set my FM3 to go into tuner mode when I put the heel down on the expression pedal. I love that option. However, now it is cutting off the bottom end of my wah, which is set to disengage with toe down. Is there a way to set the tuner for heal down while maintaining the wah sound throughout the full expression pedal? Or do I have to set the wah to go off on heel down to get the full range of wah?

Remember to set "mute" to OFF in the tuner config page. I use a Mission SP-1 with toe switch for both volume and wah, and haven't had any issues with it. If tuner is set to mute when engaged, it's gonna cut your sound off when the pedal is in heel down pos.

Remember to set "mute" to OFF in the tuner config page. I use a Mission SP-1 with toe switch for both volume and wah, and haven't had any issues with it. If tuner is set to mute when engaged, it's gonna cut your sound off when the pedal is in heel down pos.
Thanks. Will give that a try.

I'd welcome this as well, only to keep the screen from changing from home to tuner and back, when using the wah. A selectable .25, .5, 1 sec delay would be pie in the sky!

Back
Top Bottom