Tuner Offset Settings to match Peterson Sweetened Tuning

Dieszel

Inspired
I noticed that when I went to set the tuner offset settings to the Peterson Sweetened tuning, it doesn't increment by .1, it increments by .5 and can't use the Wiki settings for the tuner. Has that changed with the new release?

There isn't a problem... I realized that after I posted this thread and don't know how to delete this thread. Sorry for the confusion...

I'll admit, I feel like an idiot. I didnt even know you could adjust the Increments on the Tuner, even after over a year of owning the AF2. I blame this partially on the fact that the angle I stand at obstructed my view of that particular screen, but still I should've RTFM!! Lol.

I actually can't wait to go home and try this out now.

Would anyone be so kind as to provide the formula for the Peterson sweetened tunings?

I guess I can't blame them for it, but I find it kind of amazing that Peterson tries to keep that GTR tuning a secret. If you look in their manuals, they share the offsets for most of their "sweeteners" but not the most used GTR tuning saying its proprietary. Guess it does help sell tuners...

Nice that the Axe has the ability to set an offset for each string with fine enough resolution to handle doing this. I've never actually tried it, but will be curious to see how chords sound with

There isn't a problem... I realized that after I posted this thread and don't know how to delete this thread. Sorry for the confusion...

Actually, don't delete the thread. You just taught me something new that I cannot wait to try out now! :D

@winger ~ Thank you much.

I have 2 Peterson tuners and I did figure it was a 'giant secret' cuz' they state it's proprietary. Never thought to look at Axe Wiki.

Cheap way to get the actual sweetened tunings is the Peterson iPhone app, $9.99, and then a $5.99 add-on, but still, for under $16 for a Peterson strobe tuner with .1 cent accuracy isn't bad

Regardless of the fact that 0.2 cent is nether here nor there, If the tuner offsets in the Axe-Fx aren't capable of achieving the exact offsets i.e.-2.3 cent (it can only do -2.0 or -2.5) then it's probably worth mentioning in the wiki, because the wiki instructions are misleading, they ask the user to use settings listed.

What FW are you running ? It doesn't go by .5, but rather .05 so you can have 2.00, 2.05, 2.10, 2.15 etc

OK, got it... I was a decimal point out. I was thinking there that there was maybe something wrong with my value wheel....DOH!. Sorry...my bad.
Well, I noticed previously that on any given night I end up playing much further 'out' of tune than is mentioned here, whilst still being 'relatively' in tune. My Korg rack tuner is less accurate in normal mode, and thus puts relative tuning 'in the ballpark' but nowhere near as accurate as the Axe tuner. I've taken to using the Axe tuner with the Mute function engaged so as to not annoy audiences.

Quick question for anyone who might know...since the other 'B' is 0, would that also hold true for the low 'B' on a 7 string?

Back
Top Bottom