Bug? Tuner Bug

Mr.X

Experienced
Seems that with Firmware 2.02 you can turn off the tuner via the MFC if its been enabled on the MFC or Axe-FX.
BUT, you can't take the MFC out of tuner mode by pressing Recall on the Axe-FX.
Has this been fixed in later firmware?

Last edited:
i think this is just how it works. i'll confirm later when i have my mfc plugged in.

but i think the concept is if you press tuner on the axe, you will be near the axe when you're done tuning to go back to recall mode.

similarly if you engage the tuner with the mfc, you'll be at the mfc to turn it back off.

Upgrade your MFC Firmware.

I'm running FW 2.15 on mine and have Total Sync ON. It works both ways. :)

EDIT: Even with Total Sync set to OFF this still works.

Upgrade your MFC Firmware.

I'm running FW 2.15 on mine and have Total Sync ON. It works both ways. :)

EDIT: Even with Total Sync set to OFF this still works.
I still haven't heard if there's any issues running MFC fw 2.15 with Axe-Fx on 6.02. I'm not going to be updating the Axe-FX firmware for a while.

I still haven't heard if there's any issues running MFC fw 2.15 with Axe-Fx on 6.02. I'm not going to be updating the Axe-FX firmware for a while.

Ahh, I didn't realise you're running older Axe Firmware. Did you email support and ask them if there are any known issues with a 6.02/2.15 configuration? I'm not aware of many folks who upgrade one without the other.

npx, can you please verify this for me?

Go to the tuner page on the Axe-FX via the front panel. The tuner page shows on the Axe-FX and on the MFC.
Press Recall on the Axe-FX and you're out of the tuner page, but the MFC is stuck on the Tuner page. You have to press the MFC tuner button again to get out of that (inactive) tuner page.
Press the tuner switch on the MFC and the MFC goes to the tuner screen AND the Axe-FX goes to the tuner screen.
Press the tuner switch again on the MFC and the MFC goes to the preset name page and the Axe-FX goes to the Recall page.

So... it seems the MFC tuner button can control the Axe-FX, enabling or disabling the Tuner page on both the Axe-FX and MFC.
The Axe-FX can ENABLE the tuner on both the Axe-FX and the MFC, but exiting the tuner on the Axe-FX only disables it on the Axe-FX, not the MFC.

I'd like to know if this works any differently on FW 2.15.

npx, can you please verify this for me?

Go to the tuner page on the Axe-FX via the front panel. The tuner page shows on the Axe-FX and on the MFC.

On my system, (FW9.02/2.15) hitting the tuner button on the front panel of the Axe FX does NOT send the MFC into tuner mode.

Press Recall on the Axe-FX and you're out of the tuner page, but the MFC is stuck on the Tuner page. You have to press the MFC tuner button again to get out of that (inactive) tuner page.

No, since the tuner display on the MFC isn't on yet. However, if you enable the tuner from the MFC and then hit recall on the Axe Fx front panel, the MFC will display an inactive tuner screen. You can simply hit the MFC's tuner button again to return to your regularly scheduled programming. OR, here's a quirk I hadn't noticed till now:

The (inactive) tuner screen will disappear when you change to another scene or switch an IA ON, but turning an IA OFF has no visual effect on the MFC. That IA (say it was a delay) will switch off audibly, but you'll still be on the inactive tuner screen. When you do eventually change scene or turn an IA ON, you'll be back to the regular patch screen but the MFC's tuner switch LED will still be ON as well.

If you leave the inactive tuner screen by changing directly to another patch, the tuner LED will reset as expected. Also, until the patch is changed, the MFC will only display generic (IASw 01) style switch names rather than the Axe FX Mode names. (DRIVE1/SCENE2 etc.)

Now, some of that is a little bizarre, but I had to go looking for it. The workaround is very very simple: Turn the tuner off from the same place you turned it on. :)

Press the tuner switch on the MFC and the MFC goes to the tuner screen AND the Axe-FX goes to the tuner screen.
Press the tuner switch again on the MFC and the MFC goes to the preset name page and the Axe-FX goes to the Recall page.

1. Yes.
2. Almost. The Axe FX returns to the last screen it was on when the tuner was activated from the MFC. For example, if you had the 2nd page of the Cab block open when you triggered the tuner from the MFC, it will return to that page when the tuner is turned off by the MFC.

Back
Top Bottom