Tuner Bug?

PianoMan

The good news: I got my AX8 today!

The bad news: The tuner doesn't work. I guess I should say that it did work for a bit. When I opened everything up, I immediately plugged in (including USB) and started programming a preset with AX8-Edit. Once I had it ready to test through my amp, I unplugged from the computer and got playing. Unfortunately at that point the tuner started acting up.

When I get into the tuner window the signal bar on the screen jumps with my playing, but the actual tuner just displays an "A" note and stays dead center. I'm still able to navigate around everything just fine, and I haven't had issues entering any other menus. The first time it happened I restarted the AX8 and tried the tuner out as soon as I got to the preset window. It worked fine for about 5-7 seconds, then froze in the middle of tuning a note and went back to the previously described behavior. Ever since then I haven't been able to get it to work at all. I've reloaded the firmware and checked all the menu options I can find that might pertain to it with no luck. I'll also note that I stuck exclusively to the grid and performance pages in the short time leading up to this, so I don't think I changed any settings that would affect this.

Anyone else experienced this issue?

Input gain is fine. Everything else in the unit works perfectly as far as I've seen - just the tuner has issues.

Just to update, this morning support sent me a pre-paid return label to send it in for repairs. Very disappointing to have to wait another week or two before getting to use it - especially after paying for 2-day shipping so I could get my new rig up and running while I have a break between gigs, but so it goes.

Back
Top Bottom