Tuner Bug - Firmware 17

NattyBar

Inspired
Is anyone else having issues exiting the tuner on the AxeFX III after updating to firmware 17?

I've noticed (as others have mentioned that) Axe-Edit runs slower after the firmware upgrade but I've also found that I can't exit the tuner mode on the unit - I'm forced to do a power cycle. The problem repeats if I access the tuner from the front panel, the RJM LT, or the tuner button on Axe-Edit.

Tuning indicators are also not being communicated back to the LT as was previously working with version 16 but that may be more likely on the RJM side.

Just checked and no problems here exiting the tuner from the front panel. I believe some people mentioned issues with Tuner mute, but I could be mistaken. If you haven't, maybe try on multiple presets and with the RJM disconnected just to eliminate the obvious.

Same issue here. This is a known bug and it's apparently being fixed in the next firmware release.

Just got my FM9 today, plugged it in and started fooling around. I noticed that when I open the tuner whether it's by holding the tap tempo down or using the editor it doesn't mute. It works but it doesn't mute. Any suggestions. Is ita setting?

Works as intended. You can configure the tuner to mute when engaged, but it doesn't do that by default (which I actually prefer).

May I shift this question a bit to another bug in the tuner I've been experiencing recently? I've upgraded to 17 and now 18, but the problem remains...which is...for no apparent reason my Axe 3 tuner appears to register almost a whole step sharp. I've checked all the tuner parameters and I see nothing out of the ordinary. All is default. And as randomly as it shows up, it goes back to normal tuning. I've discovered no rhyme or reason to this change. I routinely use Axe as an interface with Logic X, and I maybe I experienced some cause and effect between changing Logic projects and the tuner...but I can't replicate it.

Any ideas? Thanks.

May I shift this question a bit to another bug in the tuner I've been experiencing recently? I've upgraded to 17 and now 18, but the problem remains...which is...for no apparent reason my Axe 3 tuner appears to register almost a whole step sharp. I've checked all the tuner parameters and I see nothing out of the ordinary. All is default. And as randomly as it shows up, it goes back to normal tuning. I've discovered no rhyme or reason to this change. I routinely use Axe as an interface with Logic X, and I maybe I experienced some cause and effect between changing Logic projects and the tuner...but I can't replicate it.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Your clock is not locked at 48 kHz.

Wow. That was quick. So, true enough...I recently began using "reamping" and along with changing the input to digital, I changed the "Word Clock" setting to SPDIF. So, I guess that means that every time I go to or from reamping, I'll need to change the input and the Work Clock.

Thank you. This has been driving me crazy.

Back
Top Bottom