TUCANA 3!!! The best tone I ever heard! Cliff, PLEASE model all channels :(

sure the Tucana3 cleans are real sweet...
and the crunches are very very nice too..

but for me, there are only really three amos that can properly nail a fat 'aggressive clean'..
the Tucana3 and 65 Bassman.. [both with very similar settings], and the JCM800 [but you'll need to choose a low end strong cab to grow it some spudz]..
make a preset and pop in two amp blocks..
the Bassman to the left and the Tucana to the right.. and give them a cab each [also panned hard]..
play soft and it's clear and thick... dig in and it'll bite some..
wonderful stuff.... pure tonal sex..

Ok so now that Ive had much more time to experiment with the Tucana Ive found that its character changes drastically and is very adaptable to different IRs.

I REAAALLLY like combining the TUC3 with the OwnHammer 4x12 Bogner G12M IRs and similar. The Tuc3, although it has a lot of gain its very smooth and not too aggressive but when you mix it with an aggressive IR like the Bogner 4x12 it becomes a liquid gain beast...almost SLO like.

Fantastic amp! Using two cab blocks - one has the Basketweave TV / R121 mic and the Green Mix. The other has (if you can believe it) the 1X6 Oval :eek:!

Trust me, it's hard to sound bad with 1x6 oval. That cab rocks! :)

EDIT:

Just arrived from a show, which I played like 90% of the night with the Tucana. Other 5% with AC20 for some cleans and other 5% with Triptik for some "more gainy" leads. :)

I was playin with a big smile on my face really enjoying the Tone this model delivers. I may sound like a Carol-Ann seller but I swear I'm not. These models rock. Period :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom