Tube Power Amp SHOWDOWN!

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
What do you use and why? Tube power amps only.....folks I'm talk'in about the pure-breeds only! I only know of Mesa, Marshall, Engl, & Fryette making anything of note. Any others?

Currently using Reactor 50/50 with my Ultra into Atomic Wedges. I was using a Mesa 2:50 before that. I had that one for a long time even before the AxeFX so I'm used to the darker sounding Mesa's somewhat. The Reactor for me was a lot more open/transparent/neutral so to speak (I've compared them both in my set up) My basic amp patches from the AxeFX sounded distinctive just the way it should be... Vox sound like Vox, Marshall like a Marshall but with the Mesa I have to tweak it to make it sound right. Before I got the wedges I paired it with my Blackstar 2X12 semi-open back with Delta Pro A's speakers w/cab sim off and it still sounded a heck lot better as I recall with the Reactor 50/50 than with the Mesa. Kinda miss that guitar cab set up but I'm much comfortable with FR now either tru the Atomic wedges or FOH.

Off topic: I might go to the Matrix FR route next or the Retro Amp or the Matrix GT800FX or Atomic CLR who knows.... :mrgreen its overwhelming now so many choices coming soon. Don't get me wrong Im loving the Reactor 50/50 its just that weight issue. Its not that heavy but I'm getting old now... my back hurts! That Retro Amp is so tempting tho! Lance must be really busy. Its been a while since theres news on that amp. We'll see!

Back
Top Bottom