TS Cable or Humbuster Cable?

hszzz

I want to use Precision Drive pedal with my Axe Fx3 but I don't like to put it before the input 1. So I would like to use output 3 and input 3 as send and return. Will TS cable perform the same as the Humbuster Cable? Or the Humbuster Cable is better?

Regular TS cable will work fine. Humbusters are used for external effects or loops that can cause extraneous noise, not something an overdrive pedal does.

I may be wrong, but I believe that Humbuster cables are specifically for use in a specific location of a 4-cable setup with a tube amp.
Yep, and to clarify, it's only on the 'Sends' (Out) of the Axe III as well as other devices. No Humbuster tech on the 'Returns' (In).

Yep. A single battery powered (DC) devices shouldn't cause any ground loop issues.

Guys, so I connect output4 L to Precision Pedal to Input 4 L and then in the Setup I set the input 4 mode to Left Only and Output 4 mode to Copy L>R. Is it right?
By the way I have found that my input 1 2 3 4 block gain all shows there is a signal go through even if I haven't plug anything and then I connect input 1 directly to output 1, the input 1 shows there is a signal but the output 1shows there is no signal. Is it normal or a bug? when I turn up the threshold knob, the signal disappears.

Guys, so I connect output4 L to Precision Pedal to Input 4 L and then in the Setup I set the input 4 mode to Left Only and Output 4 mode to Copy L>R. Is it right?
By the way I have found that my input 1 2 3 4 block gain all shows there is a signal go through even if I haven't plug anything and then I connect input 1 directly to output 1, the input 1 shows there is a signal but the output 1shows there is no signal. Is it normal or a bug? when I turn up the threshold knob, the signal disappears.
Or the Gain meter don't mean the input level?

You can use whichever Output mode you want since you're only using the Left jack of Input 4.

The meter in the Input block is what the Gate is detecting which is why increasing the Threshold causes it to disappear. This signal is well below audible range at default levels which is why it's not detected in the Output blocks. If you increase both the Input and Output block levels, you can hear a 'hiss' which is what the Input block meter is displaying.

You can use whichever Output mode you want since you're only using the Left jack of Input 4.

The meter in the Input block is what the Gate is detecting which is why increasing the Threshold causes it to disappear. This signal is well below audible range at default levels which is why it's not detected in the Output blocks. If you increase both the Input and Output block levels, you can hear a 'hiss' which is what the Input block meter is displaying.
is the “hiss” normal or my electric is not clean?

Humbuster cables are designed to defeat ground loops.
If your pedal were AC powered, a Humbuster cable would not be out of the question.
Since this was brought up...I've got two 30' Humbuster cables I bought when I got my first FM3 because all I had was two 2X12 cabs...since I got the Turbo and FRFR they just sit here in a drawer. My question is if I wanted to put, say a drive pedal in a loop would it hurt to use the Humbusters for this as opposed to me buying two more TS instrument cables? If so, any specific way I should connect the Blue end or black ends?

I may be wrong, but I believe that Humbuster cables are specifically for use in a specific location of a 4-cable setup with a tube amp.
It looks like only 2 humbuster cables are used with the 4CM method on page 28 of the manual. On output 3L and output 4L. I am guessing the black (stereo) end of the humbuster cables should be plugged into the Axe FXIII, or does it matter?

The manual also shows one humbuster cable on output 3L when using either the FX Processor only (pre) or FX Processor only (post).

Back
Top Bottom