trying to illuminate my rack

I like my light bar.....

riglightsm.JPG

dude, i think you are going to have to just buy a 4U rack. ALl the solutions folks have provided are about the only way to do it connected to you rack main power (but you didn't say you have a power strip/conditioner/regulator) you could put a book clip light on your rack but once again, not connected to your racks power supply. I think you are SOL with the 3U rack, sorry.

thanks for the help fellas but i'm hardly going to get a 4U rack bag just to accommodate a light. or buy a power conditioner for that matter.... hmmmm....

I used this.. They have 1 rack unit solutions too.. rackfans.com.. They even sent little "atomic" grill covers on them ( no affiliation ).. but still cool - literally.. Just a thought... Gives off plenty of light to get in behind my rack..

Attachments

• SL480B-BW.jpg
    SL480B-BW.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Get a rope light. When I had a larger rack I had a rope light in the back that went up one side of the rack, across the top and down the other side. Lit up the whole back of the rack with no trouble.

Get a rope light. When I had a larger rack I had a rope light in the back that went up one side of the rack, across the top and down the other side. Lit up the whole back of the rack with no trouble.

that might do the trick actually. thanks for that i'll see what i can come up with....

Back
Top Bottom