True color of G&L Turquoise Mist

mwd

Power User
A couple of times a G&L Tele style guitar has caught my eye. The color is turquoise mist. Professional photos show a deep true turquoise. Consumer photos tend to show a silvery green. I also have read and experienced some shades getting jacked with when photographing.

Has anyone see this guitar hands on enough to verify the true color? Officially it is a:

G&L Limited Edition Tribute ASAT Classic BluesBoy Electric Guitar Turquoise Mist

gl_001.jpeg

gl_002.jpg

Yep. Did that. Still waiting. You like the lighter color warlock? I like the richer or darker turquoise.

Just a slight caution that you are not going to get an exact answer by sending the photos. Different computer monitors are calibrated differently so what you see on your screen is likely a bit different from what they see on theirs. If color is that important, you should ask them to provide a color match reference, like a pantone or PMS number or similar.

Exact color isn't crucial. Consistently over the internet the studio shots are deep rich turquoise while home grown shots are more the silvery mint color. The more I read the more people say their actual guitar isn't close to the advertised publicity shots. That said the silvery mint color is kinda' growing on me any so it might be a moot point. Still waiting on vendor to respond.

After contemplating the things I would change I'm thinking I might be better off building a partscaster.

Back
Top Bottom