TRS vs Humbuster? Which one to do?

acidfrost

Inspired
Hey People!

I just got a new PSM 300 wireless system that has TRS (balanced 1/4") inputs.
I'm using the unbalanced 1/4" connections from output 1 to the psm inputs.
Now is that method good, or should I go the humbuster way?

One way or the other, I'll have a balanced/unbalanced mismatch on one end. So which is better? thanks!

Yeah the XLR outs are reserved for FOH. So humbuster would be the best route? That would mean it would be unbalanced on the psm side.

Doesn't matter. The inputs of the wireless will treat it like an unbalanced signal, but the outputs of the Axe will do the noise cancellation via humbuster cables.

Ok cool! Thanks a lot!
Before you invest money into special cables, check if there's any noise first. Don't buy something "just because". Chances are you won't need them anyway, as the Axe outputs at line level.
Humbuster cables are more or less meant for 4CM, when the output level is very low.

Last edited:
Yeah the original issue was I had noise in the wireless unit, but in the end it was defective. I'm waiting for the replacement. So if I understand correctly, using TRS or TS cables won't matter as long as there's no noise.

Yeah the original issue was I had noise in the wireless unit, but in the end it was defective. I'm waiting for the replacement. So if I understand correctly, using TRS or TS cables won't matter as long as there's no noise.
Depends on the location, though. Remember that cables are antennas, so the noise might increase in certain locations, especially if close to a router or EMI device. But I'm not even sure if humbuster helps with that kind of noise. Probably not. So, yeah, just use a TS cable until you actually run into a noise problem.

Back
Top Bottom