Troubles with Boss FS-6 plugged into the External Control slots on the FC-300

Brett336

Inspired
Greetings,

I have been setting up a Boss FC-300 to use with my Axe-FX Ultra. So far, so good! I think it will access most of the things that I need to use with the band.

However, I was wanting to take advantage of the three external ctl pedal inputs on the FC-300. Basically, pluging a Boss FS-6 dual latching ctl pedal in and using it to access different effects block globally.

The only problem is, I have to press the pedal on the FS-6 twice to turn on the effects block and then press it twice to turn off the effects block.

The Axe-FX does not seem to see any command from the FC-300 on the first press of the pedal. I am using a tip and ring type cable to connect from the FS-6 to the FC-300. I tried my FS-5L pedel with a standard cable as well and got the same problem.

Am I missing a critical setting on the FC-300 or the Axe-FX? All the other ctl pedals/functions on the FC-300 work well with the Axe-FX. I have searched everywhere and cannot come up with anything.

Any insight would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Brett

The FS-6 allows you to select either latch or momentary mode for each switch.
Make sure it is set to momentary. (or maybe you can set up the FC300 to work with latching switches)

S.R.

Thanks for the input!

Turns out is was a combination of things

1. The polarity on the FS-6 needed to be changed
2. The FS-6 needed to be set to latching
3. The External Ctl on the FC-300 needed to be set to mometary

This solved the issue.

Brett

Back
Top Bottom