Troubled guitar player strikes again (switch or not to switch)

Thank you for your feedback guys! An AX8 is suited more to my needs than the III to be honest, so even if I had the money I would still go for the pedalboard format. When the time comes I'll probably try it with both FRFR and cab setups in order to decide which one is more suited to my needs.

I'm sorry if it seemed I implied that the Fractal products are not dynamic enough for me, or something along those lines. That isn't the case at all. The truth is that my dynamics sucked big time before I start having lessons with my current teacher, probably because I didn't pay enough attention to it, it wasn't Ultra's fault. I was even more into high gain stuff so it's easy to get lost in that massive gain! :-D

Nowadays I also listen to Andy Timmons, Nick Johnston, Ariel Posen, etc. So I really like those breakup/in between tones that get dirty or clean with just the pick attack. I'm sure that I can get similar tones with a Plexi model without an overdrive in front of it, just by controlling the guitar volume.

Just for the shake of it I'll have a try with every pedalboard modeler on the market right now, but I'm pretty sure that I'll end up returning to Fractal.

Back
Top Bottom