Trouble with Wah not engaging

Osprey

I have watched every wah set up video before posting, and I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong. I have an expression pedal (EV-2) with the proper TRS cable from the expression jack on the back to the PDL1 input. I went into setup, toggled over to I/O, set pedal one for expression, and calibrated. I watched the fader move through the calibration process so it is working. I should be good to go. However, everything is still going on. When I double-click on a wah that exists in any of the presets, it will simply not come on. The same thing happens when I attempt to make a preset from scratch. The wah block stays greyed out and will not engage. I am assuming it's something simple - if it's evident to anyone, please point it out - thanks!

I have watched every wah set up video before posting, and I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong. I have an expression pedal (EV-2) with the proper TRS cable from the expression jack on the back to the PDL1 input. I went into setup, toggled over to I/O, set pedal one for expression, and calibrated. I watched the fader move through the calibration process so it is working. I should be good to go. However, everything is still going on. When I double-click on a wah that exists in any of the presets, it will simply not come on. The same thing happens when I attempt to make a preset from scratch. The wah block stays greyed out and will not engage. I am assuming it's something simple - if it's evident to anyone, please point it out - thanks!
Click the wah block in FM9-Edit
Right click on the Control parameter
Look for Auto Engage on the bottom left of the pop up window

What does it show? Next to that is an Off value usually either 5% or 95%. What does that show?

What is the Source in the top left of that pop up window?

Look for Auto Engage on the bottom left of the pop up window
There's a 99% probability that it's Autoengage. If you sweep the pedal, the Wah will come on. If you set the pedal to heel-down and leave it there, the Wah will turn off. That's Autoengage.

If you want to enable and bypass the Wah in another way, turn off Autoengage.

thanks yes I have been sweeping the pedal. Here is what it looks like when i right click.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-12-07 at 11.29.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-07 at 11.29.03 PM.png
    615.9 KB · Views: 16
  • Screen Shot 2022-12-07 at 11.29.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-07 at 11.29.16 PM.png
    734.2 KB · Views: 17
thanks yes I have been sweeping the pedal. Here is what it looks like when i right click.
You need to right click the Control parameter in the Wah block...

Although this is not a factory preset so it's not set, as I can see the modifier "dot" is "hollow" not solid.

To control something with a pedal you need to assign the pedal as a modifier.

F150CBDD-7FEE-4F3D-8D6C-7A3A00635B23.jpeg

@unixguy
You need to right click the Control parameter in the Wah block...

Although this is not a factory preset so it's not set, as I can see the modifier "dot" is "hollow" not solid.

To control something with a pedal you need to assign the pedal as a modifier.

View attachment 112377
I really appreciate it! The modifier tutorial is what I needed. Thank you for taking the time to point that out, It would have taken me awhile!

Back
Top Bottom