Trouble uploading some presets to FXII

Andre

Dear all,

I'm having trouble uploading some patches downloaded from Axe Change. Some patches are loaded ok and works, but some don't. I tried to download a couple of patches from user Kriig from Axe Change and I can't find them on my Axe after uploading. I can see that the patch is not going into edit buffer (not 7F in the 7th "position") which indicates it going to preset memory. But where? I have tried to find it but nothing. I'm using Midi-OX for Windows. Since some patches works, I Guess there's no issues with the setup in Midi-OX. I tried to upload the patch ultimate bonamassa and it uploads but no sound. The input meters shows activity but no sound. Update: I disabled the vol Block and voila - sound it is! One solved - two to go!

Any good tips?

Andre'

Last edited:
Actually, presets from pre-10.x days give issues and if they load probably won't translate well anyway. Mine didn't. Better to rebuild them. Most securely using the front panel, Axe-Edit is still very buggy.

On windows it is possible to install and run two instances and even versions of AE at once. I used that to redial a couple of presets and fine tune by ear afterwards. I can imagine that to be quite a chore with larger numbers of presets.

Tone match blocks appear to be totally un-transferable. Although I don't use any, I seem to have read so.

if you get no sound, look for user cabs that aren't loaded or pedal attachments to parameters that don't correspond to yours. Basically bypass every block one by one starting with cabs and vol or mixer blocks and see if the sound comes on is a good way to start.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom