Trivium live recording

themike

Inspired
Not only am I really enjoying this song, but this live video is awesome. I know they are using Ultra's live now and happened to catch a glimpse of them in the racks here, along with the meter moving on Matt's Ultra during 4:17-4:19. Clearly it was eq'd in post, but it sounds great!

Yeah it's from their upcoming album In Waves which hit's stores on August 9th

Trivium-In-Waves.jpg

Here's another track off the new album, seems a bit heavier:

The album is also called "In Waves". Not out yet.

As you probably found out from the post above mine. :D

Last edited:
Their singer sure spits a lot.

You apparently haven't been to a Dream Theater/Transatlantic/Liquid Tension Experiement show to see "The Camel" Mike Portnoy spit all over the place. At one point, John Petrucci had plexiglass covers over his Mesa gear to protect them from the onslaught of salivations from the blue-bearded one.

I f'n love Trivium. They filled the special place in my heart that Metallica left empty upon releasing "St. Anger". "Shogun" is an INCREDIBLE album. Amazing playing, amazing writing... and if you saw them live pre-Shogun it was nothing compared to what they can do now. I've seen them 3 times, once before that album and twice after. It was like seeing a totally different band and I think it's because Shogun is a "Performance Album". Meaning, they didn't go back and punch in notes or correct anything digitally. If they couldn't play it, it didn't go on the album.

sounds very cool, more progressive more modern , time changes, previous efforts sound a bit sophomoric like someone "trying" to be a 80s thrash band, though I still enjoyed them, they were never go to listens.

Ive been a fan of Trivium since they were 14 year old unsigned dudes playing the House Of Blues in Orlando and I must say this new material has me more excited than ever. I can't believe how good Matt and Paolo sound live vocally. He finally found "his" range.

Was watching them live for BBC Radio. They appeared to be playing direct with their Ultras, the racks were on stands and there wasn't any amp or cab to be seen. Sounded great!

mattheafy.jpg

spitting

The lead singer spits and they cut to a close up so as to glorify the moment? I'm surprised anyone thinks this is good. I wonder what shots they cut out?

The lead singer spits and they cut to a close up so as to glorify the moment? I'm surprised anyone thinks this is good. I wonder what shots they cut out?

Yeah I gotta agree it's not cool at all. As disgusting as it is to spit outside its 10x worse doing it inside someone's studio.

Back
Top Bottom