Trivium and Disturbed using the Axe FX Ultra's...

So my friend just came back from the Aussie Tour show in Melbourne VIC for Disturbed, who had Trivium supporting and As I lay Dying, and gave me the full run down on the rigs.

Now I dont really take too much interest in these bands but I do konw they have a firm cemented spot in the heavy music world.

He told me the Trivium guitar tech wouldnt stop raving about the Axe FX Ultra's and said they are phenomenal, the Trivium guitarists all used the Ultras straight into a DI into the PA, and from memory he said the Disturbed guys did also!!

Its just kinda cool to see the Axe really taking off, I dont know if this was old news but he said that the guitar techs couldnt find a bad thing to say about the Axe FX Ultra.

This even further compliments Cliff and The Fractal Crew!!! 8)

EDIT:

A photo snap he got of the Trivium guitar rigs, or one of them?

222253_10150234407986416_573796415_8920121_461944_n.jpg

Yeah its good to see isnt it Sam!

The guitar tech for Trivium told my friend that everybody is using them these days, because theyre so tour friendly and are easy and have no bad points! He said theres bands out there using them that you NEVER would have expected them to be.

Also, as another point of interest, this same night someone has recorded a few songs in their set and in SEMI good quality, so you can hear it for yourself.

LOL! That's a metal face if I've ever seen one :p
Man it's so weird not seeing these guys have a wall of cabs behind them. I wonder how it feels to have all that room onstage?

Yeah and I see they're putting that to good use by running around and yelling into all those mics :D
Man at least the metal guys are willing to take the full plunge with using the axe only. Steve Vai and Petrucci and others are just using it for effects. I guess I understand they have a sound that works that has been invested into with lots of time and money even though they gotta haul all those heads, pedals, racks, cabs, cables, and mics around. The axe clearly outweighs getting a traditional rig. Literally.

I f'n love Trivium. They've filled the hole in my heart Metallica left when they cut St. Anger.

Wow. I have been a huge trivium fan for the past 8 years, and wow. What an awesome mix/tone/performance overall. I have seen them 5-6 times, and been watching youtube video's of them constantly, and I have never heard them sound this good. Especially during the dual leads.

Now my question to you Davo is how did your friend get access to the rig set up???

Well my bands booking agency is closely affiliated with a Touring Company obtaining international artists and bringing them into Australia for their Tour's. Sometimes they need people to work on the tours with them, I myself have just finished working with Mayhem on their Melbourne leg of the tour. So my friend was picked to do work with the company this time for the Trivium/Disturbed/As I Lay Dying Tour.

Thats awesome! Corey has been using one for a while but I didnt know Matt started too. I wonder if its just because they are traveling over seas and its easier/cheaper? We'll see what the rig looks like on US soil!

Back
Top Bottom