Triple Rectifier - Why no one talks about it?

Had a Triple in the early 2000s. Must have gotten a lemon as I had to bring it to Petaluma for warranty work multiple times (they said the shielding foil was melting and shorting out the amplifier... so fix it?lol) eventually got rid of it as I was tired of dealing with it.

My favorite Mesa amp was a late 90s Dual Rectifier Tremoverb. That thing sounded amazing. I stupidly sold it when I stopped gigging for a while and never did get another that sounded as great as that one.

Kinda crazy how much variation there is in sound between the Recto iterations. I love the Recto1 in the AFX, while Recto2 does nothing for me.

Had a Triple in the early 2000s. Must have gotten a lemon as I had to bring it to Petaluma for warranty work multiple times (they said the shielding foil was melting and shorting out the amplifier... so fix it?lol) eventually got rid of it as I was tired of dealing with it.

My favorite Mesa amp was a late 90s Dual Rectifier Tremoverb. That thing sounded amazing. I stupidly sold it when I stopped gigging for a while and never did get another that sounded as great as that one.

Bummer. :(

Mine is a "Sell an internal organ first, before you sell the amp" kind of amp. :)

20220614_201149.jpg

A lot of people consider the Tremoverb to be the best iteration of the rectifier series of amps.

Yup. And the best tones are the ones that Recs are not really noted for. It can do that
fat low-end, sizzly top, and no mids thing that a lot of Nu-metalers bludgeoned to
death. It is also an amp that Jeff Buckley used live, and the Pushed and Mid-gain tones
on it are glorious.

It's maybe kinda dumb .... but I feel like missing something since I had the reference of triple rectifier from other amp simulations and some sound reference from albums recorded with Triple Rectifiers ...

Back
Top Bottom