Tried to nail AC/DC's Back In Black tone.

RiF

Inspired
I tried to do a AC/DC Back In Black-style tone and came up with this one. The mix has been done with ear-fatigue (will usually lead to too much mids and bass...), but I'll go on vacation tomorrow morning.
If someone's interested, the patch can be found here. The 1000Hz noise you might hear in the background is my shitty MBox2...

EDIT: The patch is now attached to this post as well, because some people had difficulties downloading it.

Attachments

• 069 - RiF Plexi Crunch AC.zip
    453 bytes · Views: 119
Holy crap...sounds SPOT on to my ears...even gave me that "hairs on the back of the neck" thing going into the chorus part.

Needless to say, that I didn't nail Malcolm's playing... just a quick take to demo the patch (which serves always as an excuse for bad playing) ;)

Rif I think your recording sounds absolutely spot on. The patch sounded a bit more 'boxed in' on my setup. Anyone have any ideas for what I might need to tweak? I run dynaudio monitors and was playing through an epi LP.

Sounds very good. AC/DC tone is very difficult. If anything, I'd say you maybe have a touch too much gain. And your tone sounds a little thicker/meatier. But it does sound great.

Dear RiF, I signed up here specifically to tell you that you have a very serious case of awesomeness and there is no cure. Thank you for this patch and the others you have shared with us, you have a great ear and a big heart!!! I haven't seen anything from you yet that wasn't amazing!

I just came back from my vacation and read all these warm and positive comments, thanx a lot guys!

Ponyboy said:
Anywhere else I can download this?? Not working for me...using a mac (sysex)
Hi Ponyboy, see first post. I attached the patch to the post (ZIPed), so you should be able to download it without problems.

Back
Top Bottom