tried to do some metalcore stuff...HIT or SHIT!?

S

Soultrash

hey guys,

i just recorded and roughly mixed a new track.
i am satisfied with it so far but i think it could be much more transparent.
what do you think, how could i improve the mix!?

hows the playing? tried to make it really tight,
unfortunately i am not the best guitar/bas splayer, did my best.

at least, hows the track!?

cheers
S.

OLD VERSION:
http://www.speedyshare.com/390434173.html

NEW VERSION:
http://www.speedyshare.com/731294322.html

EDIT: i just a new verison , it would be very cool if you guys could listen to the new one also!:)

thanks for listening guys!
i'll try to put some evil vocals on that!:D

Sounded pretty good to me the way it is... it will def change once you do the final mix with vocals and all that..

Mik.

NICE! I loved the tone as well. I'm a former drummer and even I thought the drums were a bit loud. If you could back the drums down a tad, the guitar would fatten up even more.

just my 2¢

thanks for the comments guys!:)
i'll tweak the mix a little bit more when the vocals are done.
i tried to record some vocals today, it got completely wrong, boiiiing! :D

cheers
S.

Wow, if that is a rough mix and it's that easy to get that type of tone, I am impressed. I can only imagine how phat and in your face that will sound after mixdown. My Framus Cobra is a monster - and hard to beat "live", but man this sure looks like a helluva lot of fun!

Good job man!

thank you man!:)

the problem is, no matter what i'm trying to do, i can't get it sound much better, still sounds rough to me,
oki do not want a synthetic sounding production but a little more transparency would be good! :mrgreen:

cheers
S.

PS: i'll add a new verison in a few minutes, would be nice if you could listen to the new one also!:)

thanks jeff!:)

i don't really have a patch for this, but i will try to recreate the tone in a few hours!
if it sounds cool i will upload the presets and post them in this thread!:)

about the production:

for the drums i used a mixture of DFH (drumkit from hell) and the steven slate 3.0 samples.
DFH sounds very natural IMHO but it has no power, no matter how hard you tweak.
the slate stuff has a lot of power but it sounds really artificial. so i just mixed both, to get a good sound!:D

for the bass i used a clean patch from the A/B banks.
guitars are quadtracked. 2x vh4 sim, 2 x5150 sim. i didnt use a lot of post processing,
only the drums got a little bit eq tweaking, the rest is raw as it came out of the axe.

cheers
S.

Soultrash said:
thanks jeff!:)

i don't really have a patch for this, but i will try to recreate the tone in a few hours!
if it sounds cool i will upload the presets and post them in this thread!:)

about the production:

for the drums i used a mixture of DFH (drumkit from hell) and the steven slate 3.0 samples.
DFH sounds very natural IMHO but it has no power, no matter how hard you tweak.
the slate stuff has a lot of power but it sounds really artificial. so i just mixed both, to get a good sound!:D

for the bass i used a clean patch from the A/B banks.
guitars are quadtracked. 2x vh4 sim, 2 x5150 sim. i didnt use a lot of post processing,
only the drums got a little bit eq tweaking, the rest is raw as it came out of the axe.

cheers
S.

Thanks, Soultrash. Which cab sims are you using? Is this downtuned 6 string or a 7 string guitar?

Regards,
Jeff

for this i used the V30 and the cali cab, unfortunately i am not sure
which one i used for the VH4 and which one for the 5150.
the guitar ist a 6-string mayones tuned to drop C, EMG81.

cheers
S.

Back
Top Bottom