Tried to a cool new amp today...

jlynnb1

Axe-Master
Sat down at Corner Music here in Nashville today and tried a few amps while I waited to meet a friend across the street. Plugged in to the new Carr Bloke, and man was it a cool sounding amp. Not groundbreaking or vastly different from amps we have in the Axe, but it sounded great and was fun to play. Great Brit tones.

Yup. The CARR factor. I have had a couple - Mercury (still have it) and a Slant6V (sold it after the Axe). The Mercury was my first, and oddly enough my WIFE talked me into buying it. I was auditioning a PRS McCarty and she said 'What are you playing through?' - I pointed at the simple little Carr, and she said 'It sounds really good - you should get that!'. Still have it. It is amazing for an amp that tops out at 8 watts how loud it gets, and the tones are rich and sweet. I regularly play it at the 1/2 watt setting (1/10 watt is just too quiet). The Slant6V could blister paint at 38 watts, although I usually played it at half power. Carrs are amazing. I'll probably never sell the Mercury.

As you probably know, we have a Carr Rambler modeled in the AFII now. Pretty sweet too. I wish they'd consider the Mercury as well.

You should try the bloke if you get a chance, it's that good. It's their first take on gainier amplifier.

Back
Top Bottom