Tried my Axe 'live'

ENDITOL

Inspired
At practice anyway...into the poweramp of my ENGL. The band couldn't tell which was which between the Axe and the ENGL preamp. It sounded / felt juicy and delicious after about 10 minutes of light tweaking. Cooltits!

ENDITOL said:
At practice anyway...into the poweramp of my ENGL. The band couldn't tell which was which between the Axe and the ENGL preamp. It sounded / felt juicy and delicious after about 10 minutes of light tweaking. Cooltits!

Nice ! I actually had an SE before I went the fractal route . I'll have my 3rd show with it tonight ..

ENDITOL said:
The band couldn't tell which was which between the Axe and the ENGL preamp.

Is that a compliment or an insult? :lol: Just kidding! I'm not a fan of ENGL amps but some of those more expensive amps are pretty nice though... which amp sim did you use?

Clark Kent said:
ENDITOL said:
The band couldn't tell which was which between the Axe and the ENGL preamp.

Is that a compliment or an insult? :lol: Just kidding! I'm not a fan of ENGL amps but some of those more expensive amps are pretty nice though... which amp sim did you use?

Boosted Recto with some tweaks...the ENGL is the best amp i've ever owned, that's over Bogner, Diezel etc.

ENDITOL said:
Boosted Recto with some tweaks...the ENGL is the best amp i've ever owned, that's over Bogner, Diezel etc.

That's cool, I'm all about Mesa and Orange. I've only played a few ENGL heads and I couldn't get the-tone-in-my-head out of them so I kinda gave up on ENGL but I'm sure I haven't tried the right one. What are you using to boost the Recto sim?

Clark Kent said:
ENDITOL said:

That's cool, I'm all about Mesa and Orange. I've only played a few ENGL heads and I couldn't get the-tone-in-my-head out of them so I kinda gave up on ENGL but I'm sure I haven't tried the right one. What are you using to boost the Recto sim?

tubescreamer, just like i would in real life

So, you can duplicate the tone of an ENGL SE with the Axe-Fx? That's pretty cool!

I've always wanted to try one out but haven't had the opportunity yet. I owned a Powerball for a few years before I sold it to fund my Axe-Fx purchase (I was a big fan of the Powerball, but still, zero regrets on that one, btw), because with the Axe-Fx I can get close enough to the Powerball where I can't tell the difference unless I listen for specific nuances that I wouldn't otherwise hear unless I really looked for them.

So anyway, the Recto Sim is the one that gets closest to the ENGL SE, huh? Which Recto sim are you talking about?

Yeah the recto New was the only one I tried actually, i'm sure I could get even closer but I just dialed it in until I liked it.

Back
Top Bottom