TriChorus

josephyballew

Inspired
I did my best to try to capture the Fulltone that 80s Chorus tone. I also wanted to create a patch that is prestine and glassy, that you can also use with varying abouts of delay and Reverb. I only did one scene because everyone will want to make their own changes there. With this patch, you can go from lush to ambient, or even just plain clean. With Two reverbs and two delay, tuning off one of the delays and reverb takes it down a notch. I think I got 80 percent there matching up the two units to my ears. I love getting free presets and hopefully you will enjoy also.

Attachments

• Clean Tri Chorus.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 78
I am aware that I did not put a cab in the preset. It sounded fine without one to me. I was trying to keep it pristine and glassy. This preset is meant for a Strat or Tele

I did my best to try to capture the Fulltone that 80s Chorus tone. I also wanted to create a patch that is prestine and glassy, that you can also use with varying abouts of delay and Reverb. I only did one scene because everyone will want to make their own changes there. With this patch, you can go from lush to ambient, or even just plain clean. With Two reverbs and two delay, tuning off one of the delays and reverb takes it down a notch. I think I got 80 percent there matching up the two units to my ears. I love getting free presets and hopefully you will enjoy also.

Cool, thanks for posting I have to check this out!

A not-so-well-kept secret was that some of the 80's best Tri-Chorused clean tones were recorded directly into the mixing desk ....

I believe you are right. I really did not realize that I did not have one at first. It sounds better without one.

Cool, thanks for posting I have to check this out!

I don't have an Icloud account and would have to do it on my DAW, then convert it to and mp4. Trust me, It is a lot better than I could get out of my Helix. I used Pete Thorn's video on that 80s Chorus and got as close as I could. To me it is 80 percent there. The Fulltone is all analog and it just seem like it has magic warmth. The preset has one trichorus, one 8channel chorus, two detunes, two delays and two reverbs. It is an all in one clean sound that you can add what you need with scenes. There is room left for a ton of other effects also in case you wanted phase, flange, or drives. This is the closest I have gotten to the Mike Landau sound yet. This will be my go to clean sound. I will make 8 scenes later without adding anything more. I will make a clean two with phase, trem, univibe, and leslies later and will make 8 scenes out of that. I don't use a lot of presets. Give me two clean amps, a matchless, Friedman HBO, and a few high gain ones for the newer music and I am good.

@hippietim has a demo of a real TERC vs the AXE III - if he wishes to post it here; although it could be found likely with a search (or over at FAS forum in the III recordings section).

Back
Top Bottom