Trey A - FW Q1.06 - v1

iaresee

Administrator
Trey Anastasio's tone updated for FW 1.06. First version for this firmware.

The AMP block has been set to the Shiver model to match his move to the Bogner Shiva that happened during the Summer 2015 tour run and has continued through the Fare Thee Well shows, TAB fall 2015 run and on in to the Phish 2015/2016 MSG 4-night right. It's a little rounder and warmer than the MkIII tone. His drives have a more fuzz-like sound to them through this amp.

The CAB block is running the TAF-2X12-WIZARD-[C414-SM57] impulse response which can be found in The Amp Factory's Silver Bundle. A steal, really, for all that you get. The Y side of the CAB block was set to the TAF-2X12-V30-[M160-DPA4011] impulse response, also from that Silver Bundle. If you don't want to shell out for the bundle I recommend trying the TAF_Art+TangoJR-MIX impulse response, also from @TheAmpFactory and also pretty tasty with this preset.

Please, try the ROT block! I am super happy with the grind on that block now. Especially if you run with the light drive block (DRV 2) and DLY1 turned on. It's swirly solo heaven.
  • Scene 1 - Base tones
  • Scene 2 - Base tones (see this post for how I use scenes 1 and 2)
  • Scene 3 - Alternate delays (DLY1 - Deluxe Mind Guy thing, DLY2 - reverse delay)
  • Scene 4 - -1 Octave (for that Back on the Train solo grind-y sound)
  • Scene 5 - SPACE FUNK NOISES WHEEEEEEE! (PIT1 instead of WAH1 for classic Whammy with expression control for space funk noises)
  • Scene 6 - +1 Octave (for plinky plinky plinky)
  • Scene 7 - Muuuuu-Tron (FIL2 is set for reverse envelope Mu-Tron fun, something Trey picked up from the Fare Thee Well tour this past summer)
  • Scene 8 - Swirling rotary (couldn't think of what else to engage here so you got a rotary scene, enjoy)
Patch (XL+): http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=3965

For you non-XL people I took a bunch of screen shots of Axe-Edit of the really critical blocks and their pages:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u.../Q1.06/Trey A - Q1.06 - v1 - Screen Shots.zip

Not every block/page, but the ones that matter are there for you for now to keep you going.

But does it bounce around the room?
Of course.

maxresdefault.jpg

Any chance you could screen shot the individual effects settings too? I was lucky enough to just receive an AX8 and would love to rebuild this for a phellow phractal owners to rage in unison;)

Any chance you could screen shot the individual effects settings too? I was lucky enough to just receive an AX8 and would love to rebuild this for a phellow phractal owners to rage in unison;)
I'll do you one better: I'll post three AX8 patches that cover what's happening here. It won't sound quite Quantum 2.00 good until the AX8 gets the Quantum firmware updates, but it's still sounds fantastic. I was using these settings, on my AX8, at rehearsal this week and I'm blown away by how good my rig sounds. Now if only I could do something about the talent of the guy playing the rig...

Here's a clip from rehearsal of this setup, my PRS Hollowbody. It's the Axe-Fx II in this clip, but the AX8 is sounding just as good:

Thanks man!!! I have semi-hollow Vox HDC-77 Koa, which has these very bright noiseless pickups in it so we'll see how it sounds.

Back
Top Bottom