treble bypass cap

RDeraz

Experienced
just wondering if anybody else had this prob.
had issues with having a harsh high end no matter what i dialed in on the afx.no matter what,whenever playing above the 12th fret on the 1st and 2nd strings it would rear its ugly head.then i came to the conclusion that it was not the afx,must be the guitar.then i remembered years ago i had installed treble bypass caps on my guitars volume knobs.figured what the hell,i'll clip them off and if that's not it i'll put them back on.well let's just say they're not going back on.seems to have cleared up the problem.
i know that having the volume knob wide open is supposed to turn the cap off,but it was still doing something to the sound of the pickups.yes when i turn down the vol pot now things get muddy,but nothing a volume block and expression pedal can't fix.

Interesting, I was thinking of fitting these myself, maybe the answer is a push/pull volume pot so the cap can be switched in/out ?

I love a treble bleed on my volume,but it does work better on some pickups more than others. And tends to to a bit much on single coils,And yes, push pull volume pot works the best for me ,than way I can use when I want

I am getting that high end annoyance on the Leggy and my Jem. Wonder if the Jem has a treble bleed.

i'm not knocking the treble bleed cap,it worked great through many different amps,but the afx into frfr,you hear every little detail.most rigs hide a lot of that stuff.

just thought if anybody else was having the same issue,it might be worth checking out.

Back
Top Bottom