Transformer isolation

REDD

Fractal Fanatic
My gig Saturday night was awesome but I had a terrible buzz through my rig. Me and the stage tech went through everything we could with no success so I just played buzzed haha! I've been looking at transformer isolation DI's and wondered if anyone had any experience with a good one that won't mess with my tone or feel. Thanks

Also, my bass player and other guitarist were both using FM3's with no buzz and I had my rack with the Axe-FxIII. I have a power conditioner with three wireless rackmount units in with MY Axe-FxIII. I thought maybe it was the xlr cables going to FOH or to my CLR'S so we unplugged them all and the buzz was still there in my in ears. I have Humfrees rack insulators on all my rack pieces as well. Stumped!

Does the noise go away if you roll down the guitar volume?
I have may gear set back up at the rehearsal room and it's fine. I have a gate on for high gain and with the knob turned down on the guitar it was fine. It sounded like the buzz was interference from something like neon lights or dimmers.

I have may gear set back up at the rehearsal room and it's fine. I have a gate on for high gain and with the knob turned down on the guitar it was fine. It sounded like the buzz was interference from something like neon lights or dimmers.
Then isolation won't help. EMI is coming in thru the guitar, not power...

That’s EMI/RFI coming in thru the pickups so getting a DI will not solve it. Plenty of info online about how to reduce EMI.

Back
Top Bottom