Toughest Petrucci Solo?

Etudica

Inspired
Earlier today I decided to sit down and take the time (no pun intended) to learn Petrucci's solo in Fatal Tragedy. Not to toot my own horn, but I usually don't struggle much while mastering his licks. This one, however, is kicking my ass! Not quite sure what it is about the arrangement, but something is messing with my muscle memory :)

Anyway, this made me reflect on all of Petrucci's other work (LTE included) and wonder what other people feel is his toughest solo to master. So what does everyone think?

Lost Not Forgotten.... The Unison Lines at the Beginning of the song at 1:58.... I have the Sheet Music and it's still hard to nail it !!!

The end unisons of In The Presence Of Enemies Pt.1 were impossible for me at one point. Pretty much my go to picking exercise now! That and the glass prison arps if you alternate pick them as he does.

Moral of the story is Petrucci is the man. New album should be killer!

The end unisons of In The Presence Of Enemies Pt.1 were impossible for me at one point. Pretty much my go to picking exercise now! That and the glass prison arps if you alternate pick them as he does.

Moral of the story is Petrucci is the man. New album should be killer!

those arps at the beginning of the "glass Prison" always trip me up LOl!

If that how it is for you, then toot away - fair play :)

By not struggling much, I simply meant I usually don't get hung up on a single part for days or weeks on end, although of course it has happened :). It's not like I can sight read any of his stuff - he is indeed THE MAN!

And I haven't gotten to around to dramatic turn of events yet except for Breaking All Illusions. Rain, I see what you mean regarding the Lost Not Forgotten unison section. I think I'll be looking at that next for sure.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom