Touchmix 16 ... I still can't find anything that beats it

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
Been using this in my local 4 piece cover band. We cover all genres, decades and styles of dance music. Play about 18 times a year and at the same venue, and have done so for the past 6 years straight, on the same gear. Specifically the QSC Touchmix 16. Never given us an ounce of trouble. Now there is plenty that I do not like about it, but for the money, I can't think of anything that can compete. Yes tons out there, but nothing has a full touch screen, has that many inputs and outputs and is that small.

At least that is what I know, as of now. Am I missing something? And yes, I know about Midas boards and "snake box" type setups, but I must have a touchscreen, as I DO NOT want to ever be reliable with just wifi.

Last edited:
Didn't know this mixer. Seems like a cool compact device.

My band has been using the Touchmix 16 for about 4 years, and went to IEMs a year ago. Love that little mixer!

I love my Touchmix. I've used it at a number of gigs but these days it's been relegated to our rehearsal PA. Our keyboard player has the rack mounted Presonus stuff with stage boxes and he's got it totally dialed in. With the stage boxes the cable spaghetti is greatly reduced - I run a handful of 4-6 xlr cables to my mic, gear, and one of the mains and that's it. Same thing on the other side of the stage and the drummer gets one too. It really keeps things much neater and setup/teardown is way faster not having to sling cables all over the place. Of course that setup cost a bunch of money but he uses it with his other band as well and the expense offsets gigging income for taxes.

There's the dl1608 which is basically an iPad controlled mixer, but same thing - you need the iPad to control it. It can be docked semi-permanently and charged there so it's like a big touchscreen, but I guess if you want a large native touchscreen something else might be better

We use our TouchMix 16 with an iPad as well. Sound engineer can walk around the room with it, or use it for more available sliders.

Love my touchmix16 I use this and the X32 for live mixing. Very useful, compact and a ton of great features for live gigs

Line 6 M20d mixer is ok but for me it dumbs things down in a way thats annoying. I don't need graphics of a singer to figure out its a vocal mic. Not sure if it has all the same ins and outs the touchmix has. My bandmate has the whole system, works fine and is pretty compact.

Line 6 M20d mixer is ok but for me it dumbs things down in a way thats annoying. I don't need graphics of a singer to figure out its a vocal mic. Not sure if it has all the same ins and outs the touchmix has. My bandmate has the whole system, works fine and is pretty compact.

I just got a M20D and I have been fairly impressed how easy it is to get a good sound out of it. Line6 had them heavily discounted on their web site last year and I decided to give it a try. It really makes things simple and allows for more experienced sound engineers to go deeper if they want. I was hoping they would continue to develop this product but it looks like it was killed with the Yamaha acquisition. The touchmix16 looks really cool.

We had the M20d crap the bed in July. Would turn on but no screen and seemed like it wouldn't boot up. luckily I have a Behringer XR18 in my rack I use for my monitor so the gig wasn't a wash. He bought another one, no problems so far. Guess the old one was 5 years old. Lots of rainy outdoor Florida gigs.

Yep- been using Touchmix 16 for six years now and still running!
I wish they would release a version 2. I know they have the 30, but that just seemed more of the same without anything changing too much. I wish they would improve the mic pres, get rid of the stupid gain knobs, make all XLR combo jacks, increase screen and definition/color, make it stand mountable, have more instant access buttons, improve and expand effects and allow 6 at once. etc....

We had the M20d crap the bed in July. Would turn on but no screen and seemed like it wouldn't boot up. luckily I have a Behringer XR18 in my rack I use for my monitor so the gig wasn't a wash. He bought another one, no problems so far. Guess the old one was 5 years old. Lots of rainy outdoor Florida gigs.
Yeah, that is what I'm worried about, the MD20 has a spotty track record. I guess I'll have to handle it with kid gloves.

Since seeing this thread, I've heard back from two venues about potential gigs in the spring and both had a Touchmix16 as their house PA.

The Touchmix-16 is great. I love how compact it is and the fact that it comes with a carry case. I used the Touchmix-16 for a few years for my own solo & band gigs and for smaller gigs where I was running sound. I have a few different mixers, but ended up moving heavily into the Midas/Behringer ecosystem with my sound/production company. I use an X32 rack now, so that I can easily transfer scenes/settings between my other mixers, but I do miss the touchscreen and the ability to carry my FOH box in such a lightweight package.

I wish they would release a version 2. I know they have the 30, but that just seemed more of the same without anything changing too much. I wish they would improve the mic pres, get rid of the stupid gain knobs, make all XLR combo jacks, increase screen and definition/color, make it stand mountable, have more instant access buttons, improve and expand effects and allow 6 at once. etc....

Agreed. I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Back
Top Bottom