Tool Covers - The Pot and Forty Six & 2

corynmason

The headless guitar player strikes again haha. Now that I have all my gear in my room I don't have a good place to record videos where you can see my face and the fretboard clear enough, but that's another issue. The patch I'm using wasn't created specifically for Tool or for any other band, but happened to sound close.

Enjoy...

wow cool man. would you mind sharing the presets? :)

Edit: i think you uploaded to Axe change

Great sound and great playing! Those are 2 of my favorites from Tool. "The Pot" is one of my all-time favorites from any band. Thanks for sharing the preset. Can't wait to try it out.

Nicely done! Will definitely check out your patch, sounds great.

One thing though, isn't that the output clipping LED I see lighting up pretty much constantly? I can't really hear it in these recordings, but it's gotta be close to the clipping limit.

Nicely done! Will definitely check out your patch, sounds great.

One thing though, isn't that the output clipping LED I see lighting up pretty much constantly? I can't really hear it in these recordings, but it's gotta be close to the clipping limit.

Yea it was clipping, but was from the song being played into the Axe Fx too loud. I mixed it after the fact so it wouldn't clip.
I actually forgot to adjust the levels when I did 46&2 so it was even too loud in my ears. Woops

Last edited:
Back to listen and did not disappoint. Sounds really good. Looking forward to trying that patch out this weekend!

Back
Top Bottom