Tool Cover Band "Rosetta Stoned" AXEFXII Use

Uignal

Inspired
Here is a clip of my band Rosetta Stoned.
We're a Tool cover band from Northern Virginia.

For the show I am using my AXEFXII into the power section of my Egnater Renegade 65.
OUT1 is going to FOH and I'm using the 5153 Red amp model with one of the UR 5153 cabs.

I use scene controllers attached to the amp gain and master volume to bring some parts down
that don't need to be as in your face. In this song it's for the verses. For the bridge part where
it cleans up I just use the guitar volume (yeah...I came in one count early on the bridge...d'oh.)

Something else set up is a drive block in front of my amp with the volume set flat but the gain
dimed. I use this to get instant but controlled feedback. That's a huge technique in Adam Jones' playing
style.

Hope you enjoy. Love some feedback too.

Last edited:
What are we hearing in the video, FOH sound or the room, or a mixture?

This is from the camera mics mixed down to the complete shot. The intent was to have a board
recording but timelines slipped during setup and we didn't get that going in time.

Killer performance!!! you guys do Tool justice!

Thanks..!! We knew coming into this that doing a Tool cover band we'd be met with some
harsh criticisms. Most Tool fans tend to be, well....a-holes with their thoughts on the
band and things related. Our goal was to recreate the music as best as possible
but to also borrow little bit of their live elements to make our gigs more than an
average night at the club with a live band.

Our buddy Kyle really helped us out with his lighting rig and scene setup. We gave him
our set list and he went to town studying live footage of the band and how their
stage show works.

Appreciate it !!

Back
Top Bottom