tool clip : jambi. patch available.

Zorran

hey guys,

there was a thread on here not too long ago asking for a tool patch. well i made one, but the reward went to someone else. so i decided to share it up here for everyones use. i had to use some pretty whacky para eq to get close, and i wouldnt use something like that on my own patches personally, but yep, thats what it took to match it. think i got pretty close too ^_^

http://soundcloud.com/zorran/z-axe-fx-tool-clip

let me know what you guys think, and enjoy the patch :)

Attachments

• Tool 00Z.syx
    2 KB · Views: 609
thanks guys. im pretty surprised by this unit everyday. everytime i turn it on, im happy about my tones. and on top of my tones, its got adam jones' thousands of dollars of tone in there too. pretty awesome. i think steve vai got it bang on. everyday is indeed christmas.

Great work man and thanx for the patch!

I think there is a market out there for people that are very good at mixing and who understands what is needed to achieve a particular guitar sound with the AxeFx. The problem with patches is that they sound different when using a different guitar. If you are a semi-professional AxeFx "dude" you could set up a service where you allowed people to post a clip of a guitar sound they wanted and also post a clip of themselves recording parts of these riffs dry with their own guitar. Then create a patch on the dry tracks and send the patch back to the customer. I would be happy to pay for a service like this :) So, anybody up for the job?

i would love to do a job like that. anyone interested please feel free to get in touch. if anyone wants to manage this business and take a cut thats cool too :p im a professional producer/engineer out here in nz with a track record to show people so i think i could do it well. and theres always a refund option on paypal :p

Dude! :eek:

If I'd been given that clip blind, I would have thought it was raw studio tracks from the 10,000 days sessions. Not my favorite record of theirs ;) , but that tone is simply nailed! I'll be interested to see how it sounds on my guitar. What kind of guitar did you use when creating the patch?

the guitar was a 1 month old stock les paul studio. pretty nice guitar for all stock. think it should sound fairly similar on most guitars :)

Zorran said:
i had to use some pretty whacky para eq to get close
Yeah. PEQ is the key. I also used it for old satriani and gambale sound recently ;)
Zorran, have you used some kind of spectral analysis tools - or just by ear?

well i guess mixing and mastering would add a few resonant peaks that i had to try and match too. im sure if i had to match the absolute raw files, i could use less eq.

Back
Top Bottom