Tonight’s gig

These days I’m playing entire gigs using only the SV20 model. Fan******tastic.

York Audio V-Type IR through FOH.

1x12 (EV-12L) or 2x12 (EV + KTS-70) cabinet onstage. Best sound ever.

Also, the Mid Boost drive type with low gain is a fantastic solo boost. I noticed that Dante, Steve Vai’s new band player, is using it too as such. (Gift of Tone)

Maybe look into the Seymour Duncan Power Stage amps.

When I was using my cab it was a 2x12 with 2 16ohm in parallel, so an 8ohm load and I'm not sure what wattage the speakers are.

But if you're safe with levels you're probably fine. Good to be cautious, though...
They're a bit expensive, but regarding the evaluations of low cost amps this seems to be the best option for me. Waiting February and then I'll hit some "buy" buttons. Looking forward to test this.

These days I’m playing entire gigs using only the SV20 model. Fan******tastic.

York Audio V-Type IR through FOH.

1x12 (EV-12L) or 2x12 (EV + KTS-70) cabinet onstage. Best sound ever.

Also, the Mid Boost drive type with low gain is a fantastic solo boost. I noticed that Dante, Steve Vai’s new band player, is using it too as such. (Gift of Tone)
Thanks, great tips. The 2x12 vs 1x12 just for more power or a bit more "thump" ?

Maybe look into the Seymour Duncan Power Stage amps.

When I was using my cab it was a 2x12 with 2 16ohm in parallel, so an 8ohm load and I'm not sure what wattage the speakers are.

But if you're safe with levels you're probably fine. Good to be cautious, though...
I guess this is what it needs, 170W, mainly for having enough headroom on the power amp. As the power amp compression is already taken care of by my FM3 it surely would be cautious not to push too far the Power Stage. Also I think it would be better to start my experiment with a 1x12 speaker, that already should permit to feel if there's a notable difference or not.

Thanks, great tips. The 2x12 vs 1x12 just for more power or a bit more "thump" ?

Not for power. A single EV is powerful enough.

The 2x12's 2nd speaker is a "boutique" version of the G12H30. It adds character and also improves the sound at low volume levels.
Also, the 2x12 is a vertical cab which rests om the floor and therefore has a better bass response.

Not for power. A single EV is powerful enough.

The 2x12's 2nd speaker is a "boutique" version of the G12H30. It adds character and also improves the sound at low volume levels.
Also, the 2x12 is a vertical cab which rests om the floor and therefore has a better bass response.
Thanks a lot, this really is useful to me.

Back
Top Bottom