Tonex One

Here's my thinking:

Load the Fractal 2203 High and Low models into a Tonex One.

Clip One onto the strap of an HSH guitar with robust switching.

Rock out with all the sounds you need without using any footswitches and no impedance issues from long cable runs 🤘

Hier ist meine Meinung:

Laden Sie die Modelle Fractal 2203 High und Low in einen Tonex One.

Befestigen Sie One am Gurt einer HSH-Gitarre mit robuster Schaltung.

Rocken Sie mit allen Sounds, die Sie brauchen, ohne Fußschalter und ohne Impedanzprobleme durch lange Kabelwege🤘
w/o speaker? Ah you mean air guitar play :tearsofjoy:

And 20 presets
And a recording interface
And a headpohone jack
And compressor , gate , reverb
And a tuner

$200 ain’t that much hell a tuner pedal would cost close to that
It’s a 2 channel pedal and it’s 200 $.
Nobody needs another recording interface.
No delay

With no midi it’s useless.

Is there at least a way to combine them if buy like 3 of them? Line having 6 tones at your feet?

It’s a 2 channel pedal and it’s 200 $.
Nobody needs another recording interface.
No delay

Is there at least a way to combine them if buy like 3 of them? Line having 6 tones at your feet?
It's useless if you buy it to constantly change tones, but most people will buy it to integrate it in their pedalboard and use it as a pedal platform or 2 channel amp.

Anyway, if you leave it in preset selection mode, you can cycle thru 3 presets with the footswitch and select all 20 via the knobs (but you need to remember which colour corresponds to which preset, surely not the greatest UI)

most people will buy it to integrate it in their pedalboard and use it as a pedal platform or 2 channel amp.

This is exactly the designed use case and why I'm curious about it... Nobody seriously looking at the ToneX One is thinking 'how can I call up 10+ amps/effect settings in a gig with this box?'.

I have my Fractal gear that can do anything and sounds amazing ... but I also have a dirty little side hustle pedalboard which gets hauled out from time to time when I just want to sit in front of an amp for fun or if I'm playing at a venue which has a great backline rig. Adding the ToneX One will add the ability to use headphones, plug direct into an interface/FRFR with the pedalboard, and easily turn it off to use a real amp with zero weight cost!

Are you talking live or in the studio ?
If live you have a choice switching between A/B channel , just the same as you would with a 2 channel amp , if you are using 4 sounds a night you would need 2 of them
Or use one to profile two of your favorite boosts, and one to profile two of your favorite amps.

Two channels and two boosts would cover a lot.

Nobody seriously looking at the ToneX One is thinking 'how can I call up 10+ amps/effect settings in a gig with this box?'.
Why would you think so? Everything becomes smaller and smaller while being of same power or even more powerful. Compare FM3 with AXEII for example, capable of calling a few functions with every switch. Or most of the big Kemper being packed into smaller pedal. Or your PC NAM plugin into a pedal, no need for 12 core processor and cooler the size of the soccer ball (I'm exaggerating, of course). TC's multi-function pedals, delays and reverbs? Or all these new little pedals and processors having so much of everything packed in and for the fracture of the price of similar stuff 10 years back. And most of them with Bluetooth or WiFi to avoid physical controls.

It's only natural that we want our gear smaller, lighter, better, and expectation rise with each year and new device on the market.

Not everyone needs Midi some people will be happy to have 2 presets (Clean and crunch) and leave it at that, or even add a mod pedal for Chorus etc. In the "bad old days" a 2 channel amp with a couple of pedals got you through a gig.

MIDI can do amazing things working with external pedals. If you use MIDI a lot you’d be better off buying the larger Tonex pedal which has midi.
For me I’d just build a small fly rig with the mini pedal as a backup to my FM3 or to jam with mates

Doesn't look like it has a 9V battery compartment, right? It would be kinda nice to be able to plug a 5 ft cable from guitar to the Tonex, then a 20 ft cable from Tonex to FRFR so the Tonex basically drags around on the floor wherever you go

Back
Top Bottom