Tonematching kemper and capturing irs

kabong

Inspired
Hi all! Trying to find out best way to capture irs from my kemper and also how totonematch some of my profiles. I have profiles from my old rigs and would really like to create them in the Axe-Fx before I sell the Kemper. Tried a couple ir captures, but didn't turn out like originals. not sure how to do it sinçe I'm not using an external cab. Hopefully someone can help me out since these are not being captured from an external cab.

These profiles are from blackstar and my old analog rocktron progap. There are no models just like them in axefx and it would be nice to tone match them with the irs captured separately. Thanks

Turn off all effects in the KP.
Isolate the Cab in the KP. Then do an IR capture of it.
Turn on the Amp in the KP.
Dial in an amp that's close. Be sure to listen with the guitar volume turned up and down as you (though the KP won't behave like the amp did in this test, it will help you hear the amount of gain and also the pre-EQ.)
Then follow the cab with a Tone Match block if needed, using the instructions in the Tone Match Mini Manual.

Method 2 is to use NO cab block in the Axe-Fx. Skip the IR capture and use a Tone Match block to achieve the match all at once.

Turn off all effects in the KP.
Isolate the Cab in the KP. Then do an IR capture of it.
Turn on the Amp in the KP.
Dial in an amp that's close. Be sure to listen with the guitar volume turned up and down as you (though the KP won't behave like the amp did in this test, it will help you hear the amount of gain and also the pre-EQ.)
Then follow the cab with a Tone Match block if needed, using the instructions in the Tone Match Mini Manual.

Method 2 is to use NO cab block in the Axe-Fx. Skip the IR capture and use a Tone Match block to achieve the match all at once.
Thanks so much! That's what I needed to know. My old progap preamp had some unique sounds and I want to create something as close as possible with the axe-fx. 👍👍👍

The way I have been doing it is to record the output of the Kemper into my DAW, straight in no effects. Then I get a similar amp and cab and put a looper in the front of the chain and tweak until I get close. It helps to use the same IRs if possible although not necessary. I am on the FM3 so no tone match but I am getting great results like this and I think I am getting to the point where I am liking my FM3 presets more than my Kemper profiles.

Back
Top Bottom