Tonematch: First attempt, oh joy! + A question!

wembley

Inspired
The Oh Joy! part:
I haven't been missing much amp wise since I first got my Ultra 3 years ago, but if I've been missing something, it would be a chimey Vox sound. I haven't really gotten along with the Vox-type amps in the Axe, although they are way better in the Axe 2. My Kemper has a couple of neat AC15 & 30 sounds, particularly an cranked AC15 that I really dig. So I decided to give the tone match a try and fed the Axe a 20 second long solo snippet that I recorded using the Kemper/AC15. I had to give it a few rounds, mainly to establish the amount of dirt similar to the source, but - MAN! - did it work out! All of a sudden the Axe's AC15 chimes like the best of them and has that mid-rangey overtoney grit that just a good AC15 on 10 has (my reference mainly being a JMI AC15). Where the hell did all those overtones and that 3rd dimension come from? I can't say if I will have the same success with everything else that I might attempt to match, but this really worked.

The question:
I cannot, however, save the preset that I made to other locations than the original location for the preset. When I try to save it from A006 to A014, the preset is saved to A014, everything looks fine but there's no sound. I've been looking aroundt to see if I've missed something, but I can't find out what I'm doing wrong. Somebody help, please...?

W

Back
Top Bottom