Tonematch Export (am I missing something?)

sixtystring

Inspired
I have purchased a preset with a Tonematch block that emulates an acoustic guitar. I would like to export this as an IR so that I can use it in my other presets. The wiki makes it seem like copying a tone match block to a preexisting preset isn't possible.

After exporting from the TMA block to User Cab #1, I load a Cab/IR Block with the exported IR, but it doesn't sound like the tonematch block. It loses the acoustic guitar timbre.

Steps I am doing:
  • Loading the preset with the TMA block in question
  • Going to the edit page of the TMA block
  • Choosing location User1 #1
  • Entering "Acoustic" as the name
  • Clicking export
  • Loading User1 #1 cab in the Cab or IR block
I have done this from both Axe-Edit and the front screen.

I have purchased a preset with a Tonematch block that emulates an acoustic guitar. I would like to export this as an IR so that I can use it in my other presets. The wiki makes it seem like copying a tone match block to a preexisting preset isn't possible.

After exporting from the TMA block to User Cab #1, I load a Cab/IR Block with the exported IR, but it doesn't sound like the tonematch block. It loses the acoustic guitar timbre.

Steps I am doing:
  • Loading the preset with the TMA block in question
  • Going to the edit page of the TMA block
  • Choosing location User1 #1
  • Entering "Acoustic" as the name
  • Clicking export
  • Loading User1 #1 cab in the Cab or IR block
I have done this from both Axe-Edit and the front screen.
If the 'Amount' and 'Smoothing' parameters in the 'Tone Match' block were edited, Those edits might not be included in the export? This is the case with the Axe-Fx II, but I haven't verified this yet in the Axe-Fx III.

EDIT... After some testing, it turns out that this is not the case with the Axe-Fx III. The 'Amount' and 'Smoothing' parameter settings in the 'Tone Match' block are included when exported as a newly created IR. So not sure why it would sound different for you?

But you can copy and paste that 'Tone Match' block into another preset by right-clicking on the block to open a drop-down menu, click on 'Copy Block'. Then go to the other preset, right-click on the empty block were you want that 'Tone Match' block to be, click on 'Paste Block'

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom